Thread: Another Thread to Tug On

Another Thread to Tug On

So I found this article, which specifically mentions Florida, but since WA falls within this category as a state with a Castle Doctrine, we would be affected as well.

Now, I'm no fan of Government grants and funding in many cases so this specific threat from the left itself means nothing.

But looking at the long game if something like this passed then states could start taking away laws that allow us to defend ourselves instead of running and hiding to try and get back their precious bloated government pork.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    So I found this article, which specifically mentions Florida, but since WA falls within this category as a state with a Castle Doctrine, we would be affected as well.

Now, I'm no fan of Government grants and funding in many cases so this specific threat from the left itself means nothing.

But looking at the long game if something like this passed then states could start taking away laws that allow us to defend ourselves instead of running and hiding to try and get back their precious bloated government pork.
    Fiscal federalism: taking away state sovereignty and freedom since the 1800s.

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Sorry, I normally spend all my time in the WA section. Didn't even think to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfebane View Post
    but since WA falls within this category as a state with a Castle Doctrine,

Since when did WA get the Castle Doctrine.
    If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.
    --- Arkansas Supreme Court, Wilson v. State (1878)

It's been pulled anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Since when did WA get the Castle Doctrine.
    State law actually goes beyond castle doctrine. Permits the use of force, up to & including deadly, even to prevent a felony in one's presence.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Here is a very good response posted on this issue before

Quote Originally Posted by bmg50cal View Post
    Washington State has no “duty to retreat;” precedent was set in State v. Studd (1999) and State v. Reynaldo Redmond (2003) the court found: "that there is no duty to retreat when a person is assaulted in a place where he or she has a right to be."
    In a thread called, Castle Doctrine
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.