• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Thread to Tug On

Wolfebane

So I found this article, which specifically mentions Florida, but since WA falls within this category as a state with a Castle Doctrine, we would be affected as well.

Now, I'm no fan of Government grants and funding in many cases so this specific threat from the left itself means nothing.

But looking at the long game if something like this passed then states could start taking away laws that allow us to defend ourselves instead of running and hiding to try and get back their precious bloated government pork.

ManInBlack

So I found this article, which specifically mentions Florida, but since WA falls within this category as a state with a Castle Doctrine, we would be affected as well.

Now, I'm no fan of Government grants and funding in many cases so this specific threat from the left itself means nothing.

But looking at the long game if something like this passed then states could start taking away laws that allow us to defend ourselves instead of running and hiding to try and get back their precious bloated government pork.

Fiscal federalism: taking away state sovereignty and freedom since the 1800s.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Here is a very good response posted on this issue before

Washington State has no “duty to retreat;” precedent was set in State v. Studd (1999) and State v. Reynaldo Redmond (2003) the court found: "that there is no duty to retreat when a person is assaulted in a place where he or she has a right to be."

In a thread called, Castle Doctrine