• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walker wins by landslide

Nei Don

Tomorrow's headline in the State Urinal

WALKER WINS BY LANDSLIDE!

Sub titile

Dems split - unity conference cancelled

Oh wait, this is Madistan...

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

Close, Walker did win with nearly as many votes as ALL the democrapic candidates combined. Barrass is holding the "unity" conference as part of his campaign.

metalman383

Walker had some really good numbers, given the fact this was a Democratic primary. I am looking forward to June 5. I am not looking forward to the crying and screaming, from the babies on the 6th.

msteinhilber

Walker had some really good numbers, given the fact this was a Democratic primary. I am looking forward to June 5. I am not looking forward to the crying and screaming, from the babies on the 6th.

Yep... they don't want Voter ID because they rely on abusing the system to gain votes... and they also don't want Voter ID because they wouldn't have the grounds to scream FRAUD after every election they lose.

protias

Close, Walker did win with nearly as many votes as ALL the democrapic candidates combined. Barrass is holding the "unity" conference as part of his campaign.

Well, there were a number of Walker supporters who voted for one of the dems too. We'll see the real numbers in another month. :)

Jason in WI

Well, there were a number of Walker supporters who voted for one of the dems too. We'll see the real numbers in another month. :)

Yea, my pick; Falk (sp?) didn't win :)

I still wouldn't try and use the primary numbers to forecast anything. A few people that seen my "I Voted" sticker didn't even realize the primary was yesterday.

Don't count out the I will vote for anyone but Walker crowd come election time. A few Dems I know hate Walker but they really don't know why and they want to replace him with someone with a (D) by their name even though they don't have a clue what they stand for.

You could run Ronald McDonald against Walker and they'd vote Ron believing it was the right thing to do because the Ed show or Rachel Madow siad so.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

H

Herr Heckler Koch

A local tavern marquee, "Stand for Walker. Don't Falk-up, we couldn't Barrett."

DangerClose

A local tavern marquee, "Stand for Walker. Don't Falk-up, we couldn't Barrett."

For those who didn't hear, that's on a big billboard somewhere, and the news interviewed local residents about it. Some of course said things like, "I'm the last person who would want to curb the First Amendment, but I think this is tasteless and going too far."

Walker isn't perfect, but he's the best thing that's happened to WI in a while. I'm tempted to vote against Fitzgerald though after the concealed carry alleged backroom stuff.

Nei Don

Walker wins in a landslide

OK not quite a landslide, but a decisive thumping none the less. If the sentiment holds for November that's a flip to red for Wisconsin that was marginally blue last presidential election.

GreenCountyPete

In many ways this was less of an affirmation of Walker and more of a referendum on the recall it's self

I especially think they really needed to run some one else against walker , this stunk to much of a do over election

I am no Barret fan , but I am not a big Walker fan either

many my self included feel that a recall should be reserved for when a politician makes some big mistake , like having an intern under his desk

not for a politician who was elected , and delivered on campaign promises very un-popular with many on the other side.

I also see , Obama being a part of the reason Walker won , many people are unhappy with Obama and see Barret as an extension of Obama

many in this state also see Milwaukee and Madison as cancers on an other wise very nice state.

so why would they want to spread that cancer with a Milwaukee city cancer promoting politician.

I also see Europe weighing down this election , many see Europe's social programs as the reason for P.I.G.I.S Portugal Italy Greece Ireland and Spain they see these nations failing deep in debt unable to break the cycle of debt dependance with no real money or assets left to pull them selves form the hole , I think it makes people more willing to live with a little austerity now to save this state , than a lot of austerity later just to loose it.

Unfortunately every election seems to be the lesser of the two evils
I am reminded that voting for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil
and i dislike my choices in candidates

i only hope that by going in a direction opposite many states that we will see the long term rewards in a much stronger much lower debt burdened state economy that can surpass the states that chose short term gains in job numbers over a longer term less debt burdened economy

but with the a senate held by the dems i really don't see any thing happening
either way having politicians do nothing is often safer than having them do anything.

not that i think any one will spend the money to find out , but a comparison of names on the petition to voter rolls of who actually voted Tuesday would be interesting , how many were badgered into signing just because they were near the capital on a particular day that really didn't have their heart in it. my wife happened to be in Madison at one of those times and walking thru the capital so the kids could use the restroom as they went from one side of the square to the other , they were relentless in asking anyone who was not wearing a I signed the petition sticker.

Last edited:

Archangel

Happy for my Wisconsin friends. It's been entertaining watching the losers whine. Like this guy:

[video=youtube;Q8KeO_lirBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KeO_lirBo[/video]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: