Thread: Domestic Dipute? Pistol in stuffed animals

Domestic Dipute? Pistol in stuffed animals

This is terrible. That someone would do this to somebody else speaks volumes towards their state of mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/travel...rts/index.html
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Angry

"This is just another example that threats can appear anywhere, and this is why TSA officers take a closer look at everything," the agency said in a news release. "It's also an example that shows that even though TSA has modified the screening process for children 12 and under, the security process is still just as effective."
    What a load of bull. If the TSA didn't exist, this spiteful woman wouldn't have attempted to trip her husband up in this way. Even if she did, the father and son would have flown to their destination, with the personal property, and no threat would have existed at any time.

The only threat is from the TSA.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    This is terrible. That someone would do this to somebody else speaks volumes towards their state of mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/travel...rts/index.html
    Seems like whatever moron did it didn't know that you also have to have a BARREL and SLIDE to make it functional. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    Seems like whatever moron did it didn't know that you also have to have a BARREL and SLIDE to make it functional. Pax...
    No mention of a barrel but the slide was there.

It is petty to do something like this.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Inside the toys, officials say, they found the mainframe of a .40-caliber firearm, a magazine with two .40-caliber rounds, a firing pin and a slide.
    Who puts only two rounds in a mag?! lol, it isn't all that hard to fill a mag, except the 10th round is always a b**ch, but still... TWO ROUNDS? this is lulz worthy.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

There's an old saying down south... "Even a blind pig will find an occasional acorn." The TSA, as it is now structured and "trained", is that blind pig. I believe their intentions are good (which reminds me of another old saying regarding what "the road to hell is paved with"). They depend too much on technology, and not enough on developing observation skills. Israel has had no undetected incidents, and relies mainly on interview skills. (As I understand their process, there are just a few initial screening questions asked of travelers, and depending upon the answers they receive, and the body language and micro-expressions observed, the traveler then either proceeds to the boarding area, or is referred to a more highly-skilled interviewer for a detailed round of questioning.) Whatever the actual procedure, it seems to work for them. Perhaps our government should contract with the Israeli's to conduct TSA training. As for myself, I won't fly anywhere any more until the situation is corrected. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    There's an old saying down south... "Even a blind pig will find an occasional acorn." The TSA, as it is now structured and "trained", is that blind pig. I believe their intentions are good (which reminds me of another old saying regarding what "the road to hell is paved with"). They depend too much on technology, and not enough on developing observation skills. Israel has had no undetected incidents, and relies mainly on interview skills. (As I understand their process, there are just a few initial screening questions asked of travelers, and depending upon the answers they receive, and the body language and micro-expressions observed, the traveler then either proceeds to the boarding area, or is referred to a more highly-skilled interviewer for a detailed round of questioning.) Whatever the actual procedure, it seems to work for them. Perhaps our government should contract with the Israeli's to conduct TSA training. As for myself, I won't fly anywhere any more until the situation is corrected. Pax...
    I agree with you 100%.

That being said it will never happen as it is not PC, the ACLU will throw a fit saying it is profiling. Why yes it is and it works I guess it is to bad if it upsets someone.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I agree with you 100%.

That being said it will never happen as it is not PC, the ACLU will throw a fit saying it is profiling. Why yes it is and it works I guess it is to bad if it upsets someone.
    The ACLU position on "profiling" has always baffled me. If one is hunting for moose, they must be able to differentiate between moose and all other animal species, and then disregard the others! Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 05-10-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!