• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mother's Day Special - Utah Permit class - Bring mom for FREE!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Mother's Day Special!

Utahpermitpic1.jpg

For our Utah permit class on Saturday, May 12, 2012 - With one paid registration, mom trains for FREE! That's right, FREE. When one student pays the regular class fee of $85, mom can attend the class for free! Current moms, grandmoms, and future moms are all welcome!

Email us at training@proactiveshooters.com with any questions, or just register yourself and mom on our website and complete payment for just yourself! http://proactiveshooters.com/general-course-information-2/utah-concealed-firearm-permit-class/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Two for the price of one - that is a heck of a good deal!

Does "mother" include spouse as well as your own mother? Presume only one per paying customer.

The perfect combination for Mothers Day

ProShooter

Two for the price of one - that is a heck of a good deal!

Does "mother" include spouse as well as your own mother? Presume only one per paying customer.

The perfect combination for Mothers Day

Bring any lady of your choosing....how about that? Future mom, potential mom, your mom, the mother of your children, your sister, your neighbor. One "mom" gets a free class with each accompanying paid registration.

The free class does not include any of the associated permit or application fees.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bring any lady of your choosing....how about that? Future mom, potential mom, your mom, the mother of your children, your sister, your neighbor. One "mom" gets a free class with each accompanying paid registration.

The free class does not include any of the associated permit or application fees.

Well played, sir. Great promotion.

Blk97F150

Current moms, grandmoms, and future moms are all welcome!

Since you are from 'the north'... I'd bet that 'Mr Moms' are even welcome!! :eek:

Kidding aside, thats a great promo! I already have a commitment for a family day at my Mothers, or I would have tried to bring my Mrs down. :)

ProShooter

Since you are from 'the north'... I'd bet that 'Mr Moms' are even welcome!! :eek:

Kidding aside, thats a great promo! I already have a commitment for a family day at my Mothers, or I would have tried to bring my Mrs down. :)

Thank you. I thought it was a great promo too. So great in fact, that within an hour of posting it on our facebook page, a competitor not only copied the idea, but stole the exact wording and passed it off as his own!

Blk97F150

Thank you. I thought it was a great promo too. So great in fact, that within an hour of posting it on our facebook page, a competitor not only copied the idea, but stole the exact wording and passed it off as his own!

OMG! Well.... the other company may issue 'training certificates'.... but I highly doubt that they are a 'competitor', or even in the same league as your group! :p

That does suck though....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If they copy you, you know you're doing something.....RIGHT!

Old cliché, but still true: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

The word "imitation" provides an interesting double entandre = it ain't the real thing.

If ProShooter's "advertisement" was copied word for word, copyright laws might apply - not stirring, just thinking. :uhoh:

Can imagine the furor if Ford had infringed on Chevrolet with "See the USA in your Ford today."
http://www.televisiontunes.com/Dinah_Shore_-_See_the_USA_in_Your_Chevrolet.html

ProShooter

Old cliché, but still true: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

The word "imitation" provides an interesting double entandre = it ain't the real thing.

If ProShooter's "advertisement" was copied word for word, copyright laws might apply - not stirring, just thinking. :uhoh:

Can imagine the furor if Ford had infringed on Chevrolet with "See the USA in your Ford today."
http://www.televisiontunes.com/Dinah_Shore_-_See_the_USA_in_Your_Chevrolet.html

I don't think that it rises to the level of a copyright issue, because they switched around enough words to make it pass. If you read the 2 ads though, you can see that one was copied from the other....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I don't think that it rises to the level of a copyright issue, because they switched around enough words to make it pass. If you read the 2 ads though, you can see that one was copied from the other....

It still shows they're trying to play catch up:lol: