Thread: Possible route to constitutional concealed carry in fl

Possible route to constitutional concealed carry in fl

http://www.necn.com/05/08/12/Gun-car...c523222253ffef

When it's time to bring a constitutional carry bill up in Oklahoma, the hand wringers will look more stupid than usual since some non-residents will have more rights than OK residents. Clever.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

i think i just threw up in my brain. what in the world does this mean?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    i think i just threw up in my brain. what in the world does this mean?
    ?

It means that if you live in AZ, WY, or Vt that you can carry in OK without a permit. In the future when permitless carry is brought up in the Oklahoma legislature and the "heroes of law enforcement" and their anti-gun pals make a big stink, proponents will be able to point to the fact people who don't live there have more rights. An untenable position.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    ?

It means that if you live in AZ, WY, or Vt that you can carry in OK without a permit.
    And Alaska...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

?

It means that if you live in AZ, WY, or Vt that you can carry in OK without a permit. In the future when permitless carry is brought up in the Oklahoma legislature and the "heroes of law enforcement" and their anti-gun pals make a big stink, proponents will be able to point to the fact people who don't live there have more rights. An untenable position.
    what about NY or MD where it's impossible to get a CWL?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what about NY or MD where it's impossible to get a CWL?
    What about them? Nothing changes for them. The point here is that skids are heavily greased for constitutional carry in Ok because they're giving that right to the residents of 4 states. Is that really fair? Do you think it would be easier to pass OC in Florida if Georgia residents could OC here? Yes!

So Fl should go for straight recognition here: if a visitor's state allows him to carry, he can carry here.
    Last edited by 77zach; 05-09-2012 at 10:59 PM.

What about them? Nothing changes for them. The point here is that skids are heavily greased for constitutional carry in Ok because they're giving that right to the residents of 4 states. Is that really fair? Do you think it would be easier to pass OC in Florida if Georgia residents could OC here? Yes!

So Fl should go for straight recognition here: if a visitor's state allows him to carry, he can carry here.
    so basically, the people from those four states can show up in OK with nothing but a driver's license, and carry concealed. BUT, a person from say, florida, must get a CWL that OK honors in order to carry concealed there?

is that correct?

so basically, the people from those four states can show up in OK with nothing but a driver's license, and carry concealed. BUT, a person from say, florida, must get a CWL that OK honors in order to carry concealed there?

is that correct?
    Correct. Right now, Fl only honors permits from those states that honor a Fl permit.

This is a way to get constitutional carry's foot in a state without kicking up a lot of silt.

And let's face it. OC in this state is going to be hard. Constitutional carry will be harder. I bet Georgia and/or Alabama will get it within the decade. The Fl legislature would relent if people from GA and AL didn't need a permit to carry here.
    Last edited by 77zach; 05-10-2012 at 10:36 AM.