• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry at gun event

papa bear

this came up as a discussion between some of the XXXX table at a gun show. about the up coming shoot at the Roanoke rifle and revolver shoot for the XXXX on May the 12th. i was concerned that because i was told i would not be allowed to carry there. i thought this couldn't be right at a XXXX event. so i tried to verify the info. i was confused by the first two responses i got so i wrote . bit of a lengthy read, but i would like to get everyone's opinion. you may want to read this from bottom to top.

is this better John?:D

Hi Chris

Welcome to rrrc idpa!!! All of the rules surrounding idpa is at idpa.com. The entire purpose is to shoot your carry weapon. However...to jims point...we are a cold range. Safety first. Hope you enjoy yourself!!!

Mike

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On May 7, 2012 2:21 PM, Roanoke Rifle & Revolver < wrote:

Why would that be the case??
It is a match after all, a VCDL match!
If you are participating you will need a gun, if you are a spectator your
gun must stay in the holster.
It seems that some rumor mongers are our worst enemies.
I would be careful when taking advice from these individuals.
Jim Sharrow
Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club, Inc.
----- Original Message -----
To: <
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2012 9:42 PM
Subject: Contact: personal carry

> Name: Chris
>
> Email: heyrakes
>
> Subject: personal carry
>
> Message: hey, i am a member of XXXX and was thinking of coming to the
> may 12 event, but as of a conversation with others i was told that i
> would not be allowed to carry my personal protection. is this the
> case? Thanks CR
>
> IP
>
>

Last edited:

NoTolerance

One of the larger gun show exhibitors in our region prohibits open/concealed carry of loaded firearms into his shows. FOR THE CHILDREN, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Please note: No loaded firearms are allowed at any gun show in the United States.