• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Richmond Picnic, Sunday 6/3/12 11AM - Pocahontas State Park

sidestreet

Thanks!!!

After everybody had left, Billy (Jan's husband) and I saw them leaning against the post. Billy loaded them with his equipment for safekeeping. I will try to arrange for Jan to bring them to Pino's so that I can return them to you when next we meet.

I figured someone from our group would pick them up and take care of them. My many thanks to Billy and Jan and you too Grape.

We couldn't have had better weather and my daughter and I had a great time, I hated to leave. I'm just sorry Ms. sidestreet and Gr8legs couldn't make it. It was great to see everyone!!! Lil' miss sidestreet had a great time too, hanging out with the Saint and Double Tap. Tonka was a real hit too, too bad Zeus couldn't make it. ;)

There were bunch of folks that traveled a long ways to be at this picnic, Tess and her family, Lincoln, just to name a few, and it did my heart good to see them. Thanks again to Billy for slaving away at the grill.

I'm planning on being at the next dinner so maybe we can pick up the chairs then. Many thanks again!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Great day. It was planned and executed perfectly. Thanks Guys!

I took 55 video clips, about 3 minutes each. I'll try to get them cut up and graded in the next day or so, then the Bandwidth Gods willing, post it.

It was especially good seeing John. That's a rare pleasure.

Lincoln7

Great meeting everyone! The cake was excellent as was the rest of the food. I was impressed by the distances that some of you traveled to make it. That was the safest I've felt at a state park yet :)

SFDoc

Sidestreet or Grapeshot: You can pick up the chairs at Pino’s Tuesday (Jan is off Monday)
As far as the cooking goes, no thanks needed. It was my pleasure.
Over the last few years I haven’t been able to be involved as much as I want with VCDL, it’s my small token of thanks to everyone for picking up my slack.

Marco

We had a bang up time. Hate that I couldn't stay around to help clean up, but it's a 1.5 to 2hr drive home.
The little ones were getting restless and the older ones have a fairly strict bedtime on school nights, my oldest needs 10-12 hrs otherwise she's a zombie...

2many, you managed to get a pic on my vanishing hair line and my backside. :eek:

Billy, you did a great job on the grill, my son couldn't leave those burgers and hotdogs alone.

Tess/Dave, I'll be sure to bring a larger knife for the watermelon next time.

Hope we can attend more.
I'll look into arranging one in the C'ville (something near 64) area next.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
We had a bang up time. Hate that I couldn't stay around to help clean up, but it's a 1.5 to 2hr drive home.
The little ones were getting restless and the older ones have a fairly strict bedtime on school nights, my oldest needs 10-12 hrs otherwise she's a zombie...

2many, you managed to get a pic on my vanishing hair line and my backside. :eek:

Billy, you did a great job on the grill, my son couldn't leave those burgers and hotdogs alone.

Tess/Dave, I'll be sure to bring a larger knife for the watermelon next time.

Hope we can attend more.
I'll look into arranging one in the C'ville (something near 64) area next.

Marco, you also left your citronella candle. Don't know if Billy or Dale picked it up. It was great to see you, and to finally meet your other half instead of just seeing her across a picnic pavilion!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sidestreet or Grapeshot: You can pick up the chairs at Pino’s Tuesday (Jan is off Monday)
--snip--

Will swing by Pino's Tuesday.

Marco, you also left your citronella candle. Don't know if Billy or Dale picked it up. It was great to see you, and to finally meet your other half instead of just seeing her across a picnic pavilion!

Have the citronella candle available for return.

These get togethers provide the glue in making the relationships personal and meaningful. They bond us in a way that the internet just can't do.

Marco

These get togethers provide the glue in making the relationships personal and meaning

Will swing by Pino's Tuesday.

Have the citronella candle available for return.

These get togethers provide the glue in making the relationships personal and meaningful. They bond us in a way that the internet just can't do.

Feel free to use or toss the candle, I left it behind for others to benefit from.

1+ on the last part.