Thread: Ga. man sues cops, guard over arrest for open carry

Ga. man sues cops, guard over arrest for open carry

http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Saf...or-open-carry/

"SUGAR HILL, Ga. — Private security guard, cops faulted. Gun carrier says his rights were violated in Sugar Hill.

A Forsyth County man is suing two police officers and a private security guard for arresting and jailing him for wearing a holstered gun while he exercised at Sugar Hill's Gary Pirkle Park."

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Saf...or-open-carry/

"SUGAR HILL, Ga. — Private security guard, cops faulted. Gun carrier says his rights were violated in Sugar Hill.

A Forsyth County man is suing two police officers and a private security guard for arresting and jailing him for wearing a holstered gun while he exercised at Sugar Hill's Gary Pirkle Park."
    WOW, reading some of the quotes from these cops is very telling.

One of them acutally defines cops as super-citizens, talking about citizens as surfs or peasents.

Another said everyone that OC is an ahole looking for trouble.

These are the people that shouldn't be cops.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post

One of them acutally defines cops as super-citizens, talking about citizens as surfs or peasents.

You should all subscribe to Policeone.com and read the comments regularly. It gives great insight to those "very few bad apples" out there. We come in contact with these officers on a daily basis nationwide. Remember tho, there are just "a few bad apples"
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    You should all subscribe to Policeone.com and read the comments regularly. It gives great insight to those "very few bad apples" out there. We come in contact with these officers on a daily basis nationwide. Remember tho, there are just "a few bad apples"
    officer.com is the same way. You don't have to register to read there. 90% of the comments insult anyone who isn't a cop whether they are legally right or not. The attitudes are telling, troubling and disgusting. I used to buy the "few bad apples" theory. Now I assume they are the bad ones right off the bat. I usually give everyone I meet 100% credit until they prove otherwise. Cops are now the exception, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobarino View Post
    officer.com is the same way. You don't have to register to read there. 90% of the comments insult anyone who isn't a cop whether they are legally right or not. The attitudes are telling, troubling and disgusting. I used to buy the "few bad apples" theory. Now I assume they are the bad ones right off the bat. I usually give everyone I meet 100% credit until they prove otherwise. Cops are now the exception, sadly.
    I just signed up to Policeone.com. Unfortunately, or maybe not, they will not allow me to post...not being a LEO, and all. It appears they don't really have any interest in opinions other than their own. Not that there isn't a cross section of opinions on their site. There is...barely. But virtually no one allowed as to how the "perp" was entirely within his rights or that open carry is beneign (or maybe even a good thing). They are not "getting" the rationales for OC but insist that the OC'ers all have something to prove or are fishing for lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I value my computer screens and reading that crap (words can't properly describe my negative emotions when reading that drivel) on a regular basis would force me to regularly replace my screens. And for my laptop I don't think you can only replace the screen so that would get even more expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I value my computer screens and reading that crap (words can't properly describe my negative emotions when reading that drivel) on a regular basis would force me to regularly replace my screens. And for my laptop I don't think you can only replace the screen so that would get even more expensive!
    Im not even gonna look at the comments then.

Several months ago not thinking I stopped my television on MSNBC, and the Rachel Maddow show. I now have a crack in my screen from an object that may/may not have been thrown in the general direction of said screen after I disagreed with a subject she was discussing.

Might as well post this here, since this is the call to Gwinnett PD that started the whole thing. The sense of alarm and impending doom is enlightening.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/IlUXUHgYn0g...6fmt%3D18&fs=1

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post

That is fairly normal, so what?

Far more interesting were the number of comments indicating the opposite.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    That is fairly normal, so what?

Far more interesting were the number of comments indicating the opposite.
    I went to that site and I agree Daylen. There were some not so good comments in there, but many more saying "why harass somebody exercizing his rights?"

Do not bash all LEO. There are those that deserve a bashing, but some were actually hardover on the OC'er side on this one.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar1
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I went to that site and I agree Daylen. There were some not so good comments in there, but many more saying "why harass somebody exercizing his rights?"

Do not bash all LEO. There are those that deserve a bashing, but some were actually hardover on the OC'er side on this one.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar1
    I don't bash all LEO, but there are enough there to make my blood boil. Especially since they are in positions of power (being LEOs and all) and the fact that the "good" cops do very little to remove this filth that is mixed in with them. It doesn't take very many rotten apples to ruin the bunch...

What is stated 'anonymously' on a cop-centric forum and what those cops do on the job may be different. Those cops have to work with thug cops. Most cops not only want to go home at the end of their shift, they want a pay check too. Making waves is not always conducive to keeping your job.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    What is stated 'anonymously' on a cop-centric forum and what those cops do on the job may be different. Those cops have to work with thug cops. Most cops not only want to go home at the end of their shift, they want a pay check too. Making waves is not always conducive to keeping your job.
    What is stated anonymously on a formally (OCDO Rule 6 et seq) cop-centric forum and what those users do and say in public may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar1
    When I said some shouldn't be COP's I was refering to the ones that made the comments against OCing and that they didn't care what the law said. I know there are some good comments but the majority I read where all about OCers just out to cause trouble.

I attended the POST acadamy, worked with Officers from the Idaho State Patrol, Local and County Officers and I'm friends with a lot of them. The ones I'm talking about from their posts are more like the Officer from Ohio, you know that ones that threated to kill people just for carring. The officers partner that just stood there and let it happen, didn't report it, didn't tell his partner he crossed the line.

THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE A BADGE AS THEY ABUSE THE AUTHORITY ENTRUSTED TO THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I don't bash all LEO, but there are enough there to make my blood boil. Especially since they are in positions of power (being LEOs and all) and the fact that the "good" cops do very little to remove this filth that is mixed in with them. It doesn't take very many rotten apples to ruin the bunch...
    Thankfully, the majority of LEOs I've "met" on officer.com are very, very different than the majority of LEOs I've met at the Colorado Springs Police Dept. I speak from experience, having spent several months on officer.com in 2010, weighing in on the Open Carry discussion that was raging back then.

I believe its a stratification issue. In other words, the LEOs on officer.com are not representative of most LEOs out there. It's a stratified sample, and probably biased in other ways. I have to question how some of those "working" LEOs find the time to post all day. Are they retired, like myself? Are they on convalescent leave? Were they suspended? Fired? Cop-wannabees? Are they merely masquerading as LEOs?

Even so, what I noticed on officer.com during the height of the 2010 OC discussion is that the tide was rapidly turning towards pro-OC. At one point, 57% of the sworn officers on officer.com had mention they agreed with it. It was at that point the thread was closed (disappeared, I think), and I and several others were banned.

That tells me the real bad apples on officer.com are the administrators. They're loosers: If they can't win using logic, they try winning by using brute force. What they don't realize is the moment they did that, they lost much more than 43% of the vote. They lost the respect of the 57% of the officers who supported OC, as well as the respect of most of the non-LEOs who were contributing. At that, given there are typically 5 lurkers for every poster, they lost respect with five times as many folks.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

And they can run and hide under a guise on the computer so the good cops won't know who they really are.
    That only shows me the pigs cowardice.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

I'm pretty sure the 'good cops' know who the 'bad cops' are.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 'good cops' know who the 'bad cops' are.
    The confusion comes when it's the ones that think the Constitution and the law are just impediments to them 'getting the job done' consider themselves to be the 'good guys.'
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 05-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    The confusion comes when it's the ones that think the Constitution and the law are just impediments to them 'getting the job done' consider themselves to be the 'good guys.'
    THIS I agree with. THIS saddens me greatly.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Exactly.

Unfortunately for those bad apples, it doesnt matter what their personal opinions are. The law is the law. The Constitution is the Law of the land. If you dont like it.....LEAVE!
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.