• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ga. man sues cops, guard over arrest for open carry

Outdoorsman

DocWalker

http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Sa...n-sues-cops-guard-over-arrest-for-open-carry/

"SUGAR HILL, Ga. — Private security guard, cops faulted. Gun carrier says his rights were violated in Sugar Hill.

A Forsyth County man is suing two police officers and a private security guard for arresting and jailing him for wearing a holstered gun while he exercised at Sugar Hill's Gary Pirkle Park."

WOW, reading some of the quotes from these cops is very telling.

One of them acutally defines cops as super-citizens, talking about citizens as surfs or peasents.

Another said everyone that OC is an ahole looking for trouble.

These are the people that shouldn't be cops.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

One of them acutally defines cops as super-citizens, talking about citizens as surfs or peasents.

You should all subscribe to Policeone.com and read the comments regularly. It gives great insight to those "very few bad apples" out there. We come in contact with these officers on a daily basis nationwide. Remember tho, there are just "a few bad apples"

Bobarino

You should all subscribe to Policeone.com and read the comments regularly. It gives great insight to those "very few bad apples" out there. We come in contact with these officers on a daily basis nationwide. Remember tho, there are just "a few bad apples"

officer.com is the same way. You don't have to register to read there. 90% of the comments insult anyone who isn't a cop whether they are legally right or not. The attitudes are telling, troubling and disgusting. I used to buy the "few bad apples" theory. Now I assume they are the bad ones right off the bat. I usually give everyone I meet 100% credit until they prove otherwise. Cops are now the exception, sadly.

CrossBow33

officer.com is the same way. You don't have to register to read there. 90% of the comments insult anyone who isn't a cop whether they are legally right or not. The attitudes are telling, troubling and disgusting. I used to buy the "few bad apples" theory. Now I assume they are the bad ones right off the bat. I usually give everyone I meet 100% credit until they prove otherwise. Cops are now the exception, sadly.

I just signed up to Policeone.com. Unfortunately, or maybe not, they will not allow me to post...not being a LEO, and all. It appears they don't really have any interest in opinions other than their own. Not that there isn't a cross section of opinions on their site. There is...barely. But virtually no one allowed as to how the "perp" was entirely within his rights or that open carry is beneign (or maybe even a good thing). They are not "getting" the rationales for OC but insist that the OC'ers all have something to prove or are fishing for lawsuits.

Aknazer

I value my computer screens and reading that crap (words can't properly describe my negative emotions when reading that drivel) on a regular basis would force me to regularly replace my screens. And for my laptop I don't think you can only replace the screen so that would get even more expensive!

RCall

I value my computer screens and reading that crap (words can't properly describe my negative emotions when reading that drivel) on a regular basis would force me to regularly replace my screens. And for my laptop I don't think you can only replace the screen so that would get even more expensive!

Im not even gonna look at the comments then.

Several months ago not thinking I stopped my television on MSNBC, and the Rachel Maddow show. I now have a crack in my screen from an object that may/may not have been thrown in the general direction of said screen after I disagreed with a subject she was discussing.

Daylen

That is fairly normal, so what?

Far more interesting were the number of comments indicating the opposite.

Thundar

That is fairly normal, so what?

Far more interesting were the number of comments indicating the opposite.

I went to that site and I agree Daylen. There were some not so good comments in there, but many more saying "why harass somebody exercizing his rights?"

Do not bash all LEO. There are those that deserve a bashing, but some were actually hardover on the OC'er side on this one.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar1

Aknazer

I went to that site and I agree Daylen. There were some not so good comments in there, but many more saying "why harass somebody exercizing his rights?"

Do not bash all LEO. There are those that deserve a bashing, but some were actually hardover on the OC'er side on this one.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar1

I don't bash all LEO, but there are enough there to make my blood boil. Especially since they are in positions of power (being LEOs and all) and the fact that the "good" cops do very little to remove this filth that is mixed in with them. It doesn't take very many rotten apples to ruin the bunch...

OC for ME

What is stated 'anonymously' on a cop-centric forum and what those cops do on the job may be different. Those cops have to work with thug cops. Most cops not only want to go home at the end of their shift, they want a pay check too. Making waves is not always conducive to keeping your job.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

What is stated 'anonymously' on a cop-centric forum and what those cops do on the job may be different. Those cops have to work with thug cops. Most cops not only want to go home at the end of their shift, they want a pay check too. Making waves is not always conducive to keeping your job.
What is stated anonymously on a formally (OCDO Rule 6 et seq) cop-centric forum and what those users do and say in public may be different.

DocWalker

Live Free or Die,
Thundar1

When I said some shouldn't be COP's I was refering to the ones that made the comments against OCing and that they didn't care what the law said. I know there are some good comments but the majority I read where all about OCers just out to cause trouble.

I attended the POST acadamy, worked with Officers from the Idaho State Patrol, Local and County Officers and I'm friends with a lot of them. The ones I'm talking about from their posts are more like the Officer from Ohio, you know that ones that threated to kill people just for carring. The officers partner that just stood there and let it happen, didn't report it, didn't tell his partner he crossed the line.

THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE A BADGE AS THEY ABUSE THE AUTHORITY ENTRUSTED TO THEM.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I don't bash all LEO, but there are enough there to make my blood boil. Especially since they are in positions of power (being LEOs and all) and the fact that the "good" cops do very little to remove this filth that is mixed in with them. It doesn't take very many rotten apples to ruin the bunch...

Thankfully, the majority of LEOs I've "met" on officer.com are very, very different than the majority of LEOs I've met at the Colorado Springs Police Dept. I speak from experience, having spent several months on officer.com in 2010, weighing in on the Open Carry discussion that was raging back then.

I believe its a stratification issue. In other words, the LEOs on officer.com are not representative of most LEOs out there. It's a stratified sample, and probably biased in other ways. I have to question how some of those "working" LEOs find the time to post all day. Are they retired, like myself? Are they on convalescent leave? Were they suspended? Fired? Cop-wannabees? Are they merely masquerading as LEOs?

Even so, what I noticed on officer.com during the height of the 2010 OC discussion is that the tide was rapidly turning towards pro-OC. At one point, 57% of the sworn officers on officer.com had mention they agreed with it. It was at that point the thread was closed (disappeared, I think), and I and several others were banned.

That tells me the real bad apples on officer.com are the administrators. They're loosers: If they can't win using logic, they try winning by using brute force. What they don't realize is the moment they did that, they lost much more than 43% of the vote. They lost the respect of the 57% of the officers who supported OC, as well as the respect of most of the non-LEOs who were contributing. At that, given there are typically 5 lurkers for every poster, they lost respect with five times as many folks.

Logan 5

And they can run and hide under a guise on the computer so the good cops won't know who they really are.
That only shows me the pigs cowardice.