Thread: My main office is posted.

My main office is posted.

I went to a quarterly meeting and noticed the attached image on the bottom right of the outer door. It's of legal size but very difficult to see being it is see through with white type. I don't have to deal with this often since I work from home all but 4-5 days/year when the remote team meets. The interesting thing is I'm getting mixed info on why it's there. First I asked my manager who's an anti and he told me the new CEO did it but he agrees and "most businesses are posting". Then I asked HR and found out the owner of the building is the one who posted but still gave me the "most businesses are posting" line. I think the latter is probably the case since there are multiple business suites in the building. I asked for contact info for the building owner but got shut down. The address is 10400 innovation in tosa Milwaukee. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336607641.474981.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	8429

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    I went to a quarterly meeting and noticed the attached image on the bottom right of the outer door. It's of legal size but very difficult to see being it is see through with white type. I don't have to deal with this often since I work from home all but 4-5 days/year when the remote team meets. The interesting thing is I'm getting mixed info on why it's there. First I asked my manager who's an anti and he told me the new CEO did it but he agrees and "most businesses are posting". Then I asked HR and found out the owner of the building is the one who posted but still gave me the "most businesses are posting" line. I think the latter is probably the case since there are multiple business suites in the building. I asked for contact info for the building owner but got shut down. The address is 10400 innovation in tosa Milwaukee. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336607641.474981.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	8429
    Hey copper you too! I don't care if you have state permission!

only concealed?

It may be of legal size but I would say it certainly lacks being conspicuous. Most clear signs on glass I have seen white letters.

If I've read the new law correctly (IANAL,NDIPOOTV), the building owner can't control what tenants do.
    If the tenant chooses to allow the lawful carry of self-defense tools on/in the premises they legally occupy, the owner can't say boo about it.
    In this case, it sounds like the tenant is anti-rights too, so it doesn't matter either way.

One more place I will try to walk away from I guess...

I talked to a local business here in La Crosse (They were posted). In talking with the manager he mentioned that the building (strip mall) maintenance person put the sign up. When I explained to him that as the tenant he has the right to decide weither to post or not. He removed the sign while I was standing there, I went in a spent some money, and thanked him for removing the sign. I also explained the liability issue with being posted.

Your employer has the right to remove the sign. Ask them if they'd like for you to help them out in that area.

JJC

Thanks. I'm pretty sure try are hiding behind the excuse but I'll give it a shot none the less.