• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My main office is posted.

Sorcice

I went to a quarterly meeting and noticed the attached image on the bottom right of the outer door. It's of legal size but very difficult to see being it is see through with white type. I don't have to deal with this often since I work from home all but 4-5 days/year when the remote team meets. The interesting thing is I'm getting mixed info on why it's there. First I asked my manager who's an anti and he told me the new CEO did it but he agrees and "most businesses are posting". Then I asked HR and found out the owner of the building is the one who posted but still gave me the "most businesses are posting" line. I think the latter is probably the case since there are multiple business suites in the building. I asked for contact info for the building owner but got shut down. The address is 10400 innovation in tosa Milwaukee. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336607641.474981.jpg

lockman

State Researcher
I went to a quarterly meeting and noticed the attached image on the bottom right of the outer door. It's of legal size but very difficult to see being it is see through with white type. I don't have to deal with this often since I work from home all but 4-5 days/year when the remote team meets. The interesting thing is I'm getting mixed info on why it's there. First I asked my manager who's an anti and he told me the new CEO did it but he agrees and "most businesses are posting". Then I asked HR and found out the owner of the building is the one who posted but still gave me the "most businesses are posting" line. I think the latter is probably the case since there are multiple business suites in the building. I asked for contact info for the building owner but got shut down. The address is 10400 innovation in tosa Milwaukee. View attachment 8429

Hey copper you too! I don't care if you have state permission!

only concealed?

It may be of legal size but I would say it certainly lacks being conspicuous. Most clear signs on glass I have seen white letters.

MKEgal

If I've read the new law correctly (IANAL,NDIPOOTV), the building owner can't control what tenants do.
If the tenant chooses to allow the lawful carry of self-defense tools on/in the premises they legally occupy, the owner can't say boo about it.
In this case, it sounds like the tenant is anti-rights too, so it doesn't matter either way. :uhoh:

JJC

I talked to a local business here in La Crosse (They were posted). In talking with the manager he mentioned that the building (strip mall) maintenance person put the sign up. When I explained to him that as the tenant he has the right to decide weither to post or not. He removed the sign while I was standing there, I went in a spent some money, and thanked him for removing the sign. I also explained the liability issue with being posted.

Your employer has the right to remove the sign. Ask them if they'd like for you to help them out in that area.

JJC

Sorcice

Thanks. I'm pretty sure try are hiding behind the excuse but I'll give it a shot none the less.