• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Summerfest 2012

bspiller

To bad it looks like Summerfest is a no carry zone. It says on their site No Weapons. Wonder if they will post at the gates.

markush

To bad it looks like Summerfest is a no carry zone. It says on their site No Weapons. Wonder if they will post at the gates.

I'm fairly certain they had been posted way before ACT35. There was a post here last year saying that on the signs of "rules" next to the entrances it says "no weapons". Weather that qualifies as an appropriate sign I don't know.

Last edited:

protias

"It's for everyone's safety." :banghead:

Why? I'm not going to drink there anyways. Why? Because I don't feel like spending $7 on a crappy beer for one, and two, that would be against the law to consume and carry under the CCL.

So when I go back to my vehicle, how will I protect myself? Oh, the police will...suurrre they'll be able to protect tens of thousands of people on the way back to their vehicles every night.

Summerfest is far from safe, I'm only 21 I was standing by the rocks when 2 guys walked up tried to rob me. Lucky for me about 8 of my friends sitting on the picnic table pretty close by seen me arguing with them it ended in a fist fight. Since then I don't wander off by myself at summerfest. People are drunk off there a** and just are out looking to start crap with people. I know that ill be sober there because the prices are crazy there and ill be driving back home. I would feel a lot safer if I could carry there.

MKEgal

Summerfest is a "no (legal) self-defense" zone by statute.
Yeah, they were a "safe" place even before Act 35, but now they're really safe. :mad:
Now people won't be assaulted, robbed, etc., on the grounds, in the parking lots, on the busses, or walking to their cars. :banghead:

I don't see the attraction anyway - if you want to hear whoever's playing, you can stand outside & hear them just fine. Or if you have a boat, go on the lagoon or in the state park. Both free.

M

McX

Bummer, kids tell me the place ends up full of drunken bikers, and gang members, so i wont go, nor miss anything there this year. I hear "The Nuge' is going to be at the Racine County Fair; being he is all pro 2-A i wonder if he will allow carry to his concert.

bigdaddy1

Haven't gone in years, probably never go again. I have no interest in hanging around thousands of drunk azzhats and pay money to do it. I can drink beer at home, listen to what ever music I like and go to the bathroom whenever I need to all in the relative safety of my own house.

M

McX

Haven't gone in years, probably never go again. I have no interest in hanging around thousands of drunk azzhats and pay money to do it. I can drink beer at home, listen to what ever music I like and go to the bathroom whenever I need to all in the relative safety of my own house.

Correct, and thusly spoken.....................party at bigdaddy's place!

MKEgal

An interesting possibility for a temporary business just occurred to me...
I don't know if they exist, but somehow get rental lockers which can sit just outside the gate, with a guard.
People could rent a little locker to put their pistol in (or whatever else they want handy for the trip to/from but can't take on the grounds).
If anyone figures out how to do it, remember I thought it up & need a job.

An interesting possibility for a temporary business just occurred to me...
I don't know if they exist, but somehow get rental lockers which can sit just outside the gate, with a guard.
People could rent a little locker to put their pistol in (or whatever else they want handy for the trip to/from but can't take on the grounds).
If anyone figures out how to do it, remember I thought it up & need a job.

that does sound like a good idea! the only downside is the lockers. getting them there or set up will be hell. I can see charging people 5$ to use one and along with any idea theres money that fallows. but to make money you need money. now for the crappy part if your like me on uninployment, I can never afford the lockers. but if I see some there ill give you $5 to hold my gun in a locker with the promise it will be there when I come back out.

another thought I cant picture how many people would stuff drugs in them.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

...hold my gun in a locker with the promise it will be there when I come back out....another thought I cant picture how many people would stuff drugs in them.
Yes, the liability and insurance issues are mind boggling.

Others have announced the correct solution to community melees.

im not sure if I want to go this year or not. this year my girlfriend is prego. so im not sure if shes going to want to do all that walking,also im not sure if I want her around there. then also because of how i ended up in a fight last time.

(sigh) it used to be so fun...