Thread: So who ran in to the Lennon Speedway to make sure I knew they Open Carry too?

So who ran in to the Lennon Speedway to make sure I knew they Open Carry too?

Funny story, I'm curious who it might be.

Last week I pulled in to the Lennon Speedway on my motorcycle, in my black hoodie and bandana, and got off my bike and walked in, when someone in a jeep noticed I was OCing from the driver seat of their car, 30 seconds later he ran in to the store to help his girlfriend or mom or whoever buy a scratch off lotto ticket.

I noticed he had a pistol too, I am almost positive he only entered the store to try to get me to be like "oh hey dude you open carry too so we're like open carry bros"

I didn't say hello because his holster was too cheap.

Who was it?

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes View Post

Last week I pulled in to the Lennon Speedway on my motorcycle, in my black hoodie and bandana, and got off my bike and walked in, when someone in a jeep noticed I was OCing from the driver seat of their car, 30 seconds later he ran in to the store to help his girlfriend or mom or whoever buy a scratch off lotto ticket.

I noticed he had a pistol too, I am almost positive he only entered the store to try to get me to be like "oh hey dude you open carry too so we're like open carry bros"

Who was it?

WOW! how low is that! I wish I was as cool as you! I wish I could own a good cool holster like you, then waybe just maybe I would feel worthy of your all greatness,your superbness, you coolness! ALL BOW TO THE COOL HOLSTER'ed ALMIGHTY KYLEPLUSITUNESSSSSSS!
    Last edited by quarter horseman; 05-10-2012 at 07:08 AM.

<snip> I didn't say hello because his holster was too cheap. <snip>
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by quarter horseman View Post
    WOW! how low is that! I wish I was as cool as you! I wish I could own a good cool holster like you, then waybe just maybe I would feel worthy of your all greatness,your superbness, you coolness! ALL BOW TO THE COOL HOLSTER'ed ALMIGHTY KYLEPLUSITUNESSSSSSS!

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

*** I didn't say hello because his holster was too cheap. ***

Who was it?
    Wow, that's a real nice way to judge someone. Maybe he thought you were some bike punk, out to rob the place? You sure put him & his cheap holster at ease.... To make a choice not to speak to a fellow carrier based soley on their gear does not score you many good character points. I am pretty sure my bank account is far larger than yours....why am I even typing this to you....

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

I approve of and agree with Super Trucker.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Wow, that's a real nice way to judge someone. Maybe he thought you were some bike punk, out to rob the place? You sure put him & his cheap holster at ease.... To make a choice not to speak to a fellow carrier based soley on their gear does not score you many good character points. I am pretty sure my bank account is far larger than yours....why am I even typing this to you....

Oh my lord, I suppose I didn't talk to him really because if he used this forum he was probably an idiot who didn't understand sarcasm.

If he did think I "was a threat" because I was some "bike punk" I'd probably recommend a thread about situational awareness
    Last edited by kyleplusitunes; 05-10-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Oh my lord, I suppose I didn't talk to him really because if he used this forum he was probably an idiot who didn't understand sarcasm.

If he did think I "was a threat" because I was some "bike punk" I'd probably recommend a thread about situational awareness
    Well kyle, its been a while since you posted here, with your fine sense of humor I can see why. :thumbdown:

PS - you also use this forum, so does that make you an idiot too? Or is that jab only for everyone else accept your majesty? Man I wish we could all be cool like KYLE....not!

PPS - if you were truly attempting sarcasm there is a way to denote that, you must know this correct? Just in case not, here you go .... /sarcasm .... I suggest you use it if you plan on making similar posts. Carry on in your elite tacti - cool holster... now wait for it.... /sarcasm

See how easy that is?

Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 05-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    if you were truly attempting sarcasm there is a way to denote that, you must know this correct? Just in case not, here you go .... /sarcasm
    No, it's writing in purple!
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Cheap Holster ?

You sound like one of those lowlifes that thinks EVERYBODY wants to be like you ! You should not judge people by what they wear , He could have thought you were a low life trying to rob the store and came in trying to protect his mom !

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    He could have thought you were a low life trying to rob the store and came in trying to protect his mom !
    Most likely.

my black hoodie and bandana
    I wouldn't talk to you because you probably look like thug. I'd call the cops.

Bronson
    Last edited by Bronson; 05-10-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Most likely.

Bronson
    lol
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    You sound like one of those lowlifes that thinks EVERYBODY wants to be like you ! You should not judge people by what they wear , He could have thought you were a low life trying to rob the store and came in trying to protect his mom !
    Maybe he wasn't worried about protecting his Mom from the scary biker but perhaps his girlfriend whispered something in his ear and he quick ran into the store to buy some protective men's wear.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 05-10-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Most likely.

Bronson

Hope I don't end up like another innocent person who lost his life because he was wearing the wrong clothes down in the other peninsula.

Question

Hope I don't end up like another innocent person who lost his life because he was wearing the wrong clothes down in the other peninsula.
    Now You're sounding like Sharpton! Thats just plain sad! CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

He lost his life because he physically attacked another man.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

+1 to OP i had a good laugh. Feel bad for the other people here who don't have a sense of humor anymore.

I have been nailed for word play as well, that being said lets not judge unless you are prepared to be judged. It might look bad but if it works, does it really matter?
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

lol.

I knew buying my cheap blackhawk was a bad idea... not saved me some money.

also as far as the how you look, if ypu ware a black hoodie and bandanna most people are going to think your a "thug" or "gang banger" personaly I see you as another guy just like the man in the suit. everyone should be open like that. I hate the looks I get sometimes. I have alot of tattoos, im young, I dress how my gen dresses. does that make me a thug? nope iv never robbed anyone, kicked a baby, or pissed on your door step. people should just have an open mind. simple right? wrong guess 90% will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    Now You're sounding like Sharpton! Thats just plain sad! CARRY ON!
    If I had a hoodie, it would look like trayvon martin's...
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.