Thread: Punt gun

Punt gun

I was watching a gun program on tv, and they were building a punt gun. It definatly fits the catagory of a BAG.
    So, my question is...are they legal in Calif? I'll take a wild ass guess and say "no".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	punt-gun_18.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	8433  
    Last edited by Gundude; 05-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Big

Wow thats big..

Exclamation Punt gun

I saw one years ago at a museum (Smithsonian ?) and it was attached to a good-sized rowboat. Laid bow to stern...I gather that it was used to harvest sitting ducks - literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    I saw one years ago at a museum (Smithsonian ?) and it was attached to a good-sized rowboat. Laid bow to stern...I gather that it was used to harvest sitting ducks - literally.
    From what I can find on the internet, they were a black powder shotgun used for commercial harvesting of waterfowl. They were attached to a punt (boat) and aimed by turning the boat. One site said the record was 130 birds killed with one shot.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Read "Chesapeake" by James Mitchner for a good account of how they were used.
    When those in Government fail to see the danger in too much Government, they become the danger.
    (Original quote by me)

If we lose the Second Amendment it is only a matter of time before we lose the First Amendment, then the Fourth Amendment and then it is all downhill from there ...

I've OCed and didn't scare the horses or stampede the women!

It's too late to train when you are in the middle of a gunfight ... (me)

IDPA SSP/MM