• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry Bill in PA - HB 2176

badey

In case you are not a member of PAFAO's forum, I recently found a thread on there discussing the recent Constitutional Carry Bill introduced into the Pa House.

Here is a link to the text of the bill:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2011&sind=0&body=H&type=B&BN=2176

Here is a link to the thread on PAFAO's forum:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania...nal-carry-battle-passage-into-ufa-2012-a.html

Please, if you have not already done so, contact some reps to see if they will co-sponsor the bill. There are currently 30 sponsors, but the bill could us a lot more.

If this is already posted on here, I apologize, but I think this is an important bill.

derhammer

Done, just e-mailed my local Rep asking her to support this bill. Come on, folks! Let's get this thing passed and signed into law!

-derhammer

derhammer

Just now called Rep. Brown's district office and left a comment of support with her (very friendly) secretary there, who said she would "definitely relay that to her." :)

-derhammer

badey

Thanks for contacting your rep. My rep is already a sponsor, but I have emailed several other reps to ask them to support it. We only have until November to get this passed, otherwise it has to be reintroduced all over again next legislative session.

derhammer

Just now wrote the Governor and asked him to support the bill. Everyone else should do the same; if the Governor announces his support and intention to sign this bill if it crosses his desk, it will add weight to the bill.

-derhammer

badey

Just checking in to see what everyone is doing with this bill. Time is slipping away...

I know everyone is really busy, but it just takes literally two minutes to type out a short email to your reps. It takes another minute or two to send a text about the bill to your pro 2A friends...

Lets all do what we can to get this bill out of committee and up for a vote.