Thread: SB 1733 - Open Carry - passed the Oklahoma Senate 33-10

SB 1733 - Open Carry - passed the Oklahoma Senate 33-10

SB 1733 Open Carry passed the Oklahoma Senate today by a vote of 33-10.

On to the Governor!

Im watching the news on 9 and they always report biased on this. I cant wait for Fallin to sign it.

So I have a question. My family and I relocated to OKC a little over 9 months ago. After relocating I notified Texas about it so that I could change over my CC to out of state now that I'm a resident here. Now since I've been here I've yet to go and get my Oklahoma CC license because my Texas one is honored here. Now will my Texas permit allow me to OC 9-1 or will i need to go have an OK one to OC?

Quote Originally Posted by bronathan View Post
    So I have a question. My family and I relocated to OKC a little over 9 months ago. After relocating I notified Texas about it so that I could change over my CC to out of state now that I'm a resident here. Now since I've been here I've yet to go and get my Oklahoma CC license because my Texas one is honored here. Now will my Texas permit allow me to OC 9-1 or will i need to go have an OK one to OC?

Yes you can OC with a texas license.

From SB 1733

RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT AUTHORITY
    The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.
    Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by bronathan View Post
    You will have to wait until 11 -1.

LOL 11-1 oops

Mary Fallin said she will sign sb 1733 into law this week.

Well its a start in the right direction anyway.

welcome to the club guys! happy to see this finally pass for you good folks of Oklahoma!
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

I just called the Governor's office to remind her to sign this bill into law.
    Governor Mary Fallin
    Local: (405) 521-2342
    Fax: (405) 521-3353

Michael

Thumbs up

Me too. I was informed by the secretary that there were far more calls for then against. Keep up the good work Oklahoma.