• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 1733 - Open Carry - passed the Oklahoma Senate 33-10

bronathan

So I have a question. My family and I relocated to OKC a little over 9 months ago. After relocating I notified Texas about it so that I could change over my CC to out of state now that I'm a resident here. Now since I've been here I've yet to go and get my Oklahoma CC license because my Texas one is honored here. Now will my Texas permit allow me to OC 9-1 or will i need to go have an OK one to OC?

MM_45

So I have a question. My family and I relocated to OKC a little over 9 months ago. After relocating I notified Texas about it so that I could change over my CC to out of state now that I'm a resident here. Now since I've been here I've yet to go and get my Oklahoma CC license because my Texas one is honored here. Now will my Texas permit allow me to OC 9-1 or will i need to go have an OK one to OC?

Yes you can OC with a texas license.

From SB 1733

RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT AUTHORITY
The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state.
Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.

hrdware

You will have to wait until 11 -1.

mlr

I just called the Governor's office to remind her to sign this bill into law.
Governor Mary Fallin
Local: (405) 521-2342
Fax: (405) 521-3353

Michael