Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP i was detained

HELP i was detained

heres the story i have no ccw. I had lunch today walked out to my car before entering unloaded my weapon placed it in my car and the empty clip in my holster when two men no uniforms came out guns drawn ordered me to turn around back up place my hands on the car . They asked where the gun was i said in the car . One opened my door removed the gun took my magazine from my holster said i was inducing panic.They still have not told me who they are yet! Removed my wallet from my pants took my id called me in and said i was inducing panic. The man is a deputy sheriff i told him i was breaking no laws and he said i was inducing panic and i cannot carry it openly. after 20 mins he said hes going me go and pull all my info but he may or may not issue a warrent. he then said if im caught openly carrying again he was going to charge me with a felony. he took pics of me my car my gun the serial number even called the gun in to see if its stolen . help me what are my rights ! what can i do! i have his name and badge number

Any recordings audio/video that documents this incident?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

no my phone was on the trunk the ordered me at gun point not to move my hands . he is dep.k. mafield i belive i cannot read his writing but his badge is 1164. it happened at one today. the sheriff office is 5137851000. the lt. said he can arrest me for inducing i heard him say it on his phone.

jacob:

The Act of Openly Carrying a Firearm in Ohio does NOT Constitute Inducing Panic.

The Police did Violate Your Search and Seizure Rights, if would Appear.

I would Contact Ohioans for Concealed Carry OR The Buckeye Firearms Association, or both.

Also, it would Appear that The Police did Vioalte Ohio Revised Statute 9.68.

aadvark

Please tell me what I need to do. He acted like if I started trouble he was gonna issue a warrant for my arrest

Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    Please tell me what I need to do. He acted like if I started trouble he was gonna issue a warrant for my arrest
    Of course he did. A huge portion of police "work" involves intimidating citizens out of asserting their rights.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

I need help I want to make him pay for this . He was two feet from me finger on the trigger not on the guard not in the guard he was taking slack out of the trigger with the gun pointed at my head . I could read glock he was so ******* close

two men no uniforms came out guns drawn ordered me to turn around back up place my hands on the car
    At what point (or did they) identify themselves?
    Two men rushing at me with guns drawn certainly would fit the description of "inducing panic"!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Gentleman - pause take a deep breath.

How often has it been said to confirm first. This is not intended to be a slap at the OP, but how many times have we seen new posters with similar stories? This may well be true and deserve attention, but at this point it is hearsay, unsubstantiated.

You all now how to FOIA or make simple phone calls - do it for the benefit of all.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Call whatever u need I posted the number and officer badge number it happened at 1 in Hamilton outside of Penn station on Dixie highway/ rt 4 . This is very real

705 hanover street hamilton ohio 45011 office number 5137851000 butler county sheriff's office badge number 1164

Heres the card he gave me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1336678792322.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	8438  

First, get a lawyer. Second, do what he says.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

They never did when he put his gun back in the holster and turned his gun side towards me he had a badge on his belt half blocked by his tucked in shirt. I did not know his name or rank till I got the card

Herr Heckler Koch
    You need to immediately hire an attorney personal representative and follow his instructions to the letter, answering his questions fully and completely.

It is our opinion that you may indeed have a cause of action but we can't tell from your responses.

I mean, I'm new here still, obviously, but I definitely spent several days scouring this forum trying to take in information as much as possible...

Assuming all the facts are true, you did not break any laws.

You were openly carrying, which is legal.
    The police forcefully detained and searched you without RAS...

Definitely would call in and make several complaints, as well as look into getting an attorney to make sure nothing like that happens again.

Pretty bad that most cops don't know the laws..but even a newbie like me does ;[

heres the story i have no ccw. I had lunch today walked out to my car before entering unloaded my weapon placed it in my car and the empty clip in my holster when two men no uniforms came out guns drawn ordered me to turn around back up place my hands on the car . They asked where the gun was i said in the car . One opened my door removed the gun took my magazine from my holster said i was inducing panic.They still have not told me who they are yet! Removed my wallet from my pants took my id called me in and said i was inducing panic. The man is a deputy sheriff i told him i was breaking no laws and he said i was inducing panic and i cannot carry it openly. after 20 mins he said hes going me go and pull all my info but he may or may not issue a warrent. he then said if im caught openly carrying again he was going to charge me with a felony. he took pics of me my car my gun the serial number even called the gun in to see if its stolen . help me what are my rights ! what can i do! i have his name and badge number
    First, please learn the joys of proper capitalization, punctuation, and paragraph usage.

Are you JIceman by any chance?

You will gain nothing from hiring a lawyer right now except to drain your wallet. Even if you do so later, given your description of your detainment, you are wasting your money.

As someone else said "You all now how to FOIA or make simple phone calls - do it for the benefit of all." Is the incident documented? Get the documents.

Afterward, post back what you find out.

p.s. - it's not a bad idea to get a CHL - unloading a pistol in view of the public (or concealing the unloading process) is sure to get unwelcome attention.
    Last edited by BB62; 05-10-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Stop posting, get a lawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    You do not need an attorney, yet.

Why do people think getting an attorney is the answer? 99% of the time it does more harm than good.

You need to get the incident report and all other documents related to the issue/matter including any and all records and reports that are connected to the particular officer, time and place.

Penn station 5401 Dixie Hwy Fairfield, OH 45014

Is this the place????? One and a 1/4 miles south of Gary's guns located on Magie Ave.????

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    You do not need an attorney, yet.

Why do people think getting an attorney is the answer? 99% of the time it does more harm than good.

You need to get the incident report and all other documents related to the issue/matter including any and all records and reports that are connected to the particular officer, time and place.
    And what better person to do that than an attorney. In such a situation, which can be deemed serious, why mess around with it yourself when having a lawyer do it the right way the first time would be a good option?

Yanno, or trust the babbling incoherent can't spell on a forum guy to do this stuff himself. Yeah..

I think getting a lawyer would be a better route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Albert Einstein could not tie his shoes. So what 's your point? Maybe he is a product of the public school system. He reached out for help and all he gets is go hire an attorney. There is a lot of things he can do on his own with a little help from other open carriers who have experience with matters like this.

Yes that is the Penn station I was at

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Albert Einstein could not tie his shoes. So what 's your point? Maybe he is a product of the public school system. He reached out for help and all he gets is go hire an attorney. There is a lot of things he can do on his own with a little help from other open carriers who have experience with matters like this.
    From reading this thread, I fear that Jacob may not in fact be able to do very much by himself. In which case securing the services of an advocate, while expensive, may be the best that he could do for himself at this time.

Of course, if someone wanted to volunteer to help him with the first steps so he can save his money for better things, that would be very nice. I do not know Ohio laws and I live pretty far away. Someone else may need to step up and volunteer.

In the meantime, here's some advice for Jacob -

get some paper and write down everything you can remember about what happened starting from when you left wherever it was to go to your car. Try and write down where people were standing from or where they seemed to come from, and what each person said. Do not post any of that. Save it until you either have a lawyer or someobe has worked out a plan to help you with the first steps I talked about.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

FOIA request please

Call whatever u need I posted the number and officer badge number it happened at 1 in Hamilton outside of Penn station on Dixie highway/ rt 4 . This is very real
    705 hanover street hamilton ohio 45011 office number 5137851000 butler county sheriff's office badge number 1164
    Heres the card he gave me
    Gentleman when a poster neither gets any attorney (initial consultations are usually free) nor will provide documentation it raises certain obvious questions - particularly when the alleged conduct is so egregious.

There is enough claimed data to put through a FOIA request. Will someone local please initiate this action to confirm or deny that an event happened on 5/10 at about 1:00pm involving deputy badge #1164 of the Butler Sheriff's Dept. at location noted above.
    The OP could do that, but apparently is unwilling.

Such response can be used to help this young man if it proves true. On the other hand.......well we shall have to see won't we. I am of the school that anything of this type needs to be confirmed in some manner. I will not "convict" a LEO an the hearsay report of an unknown user, nor will I simply believe in total what has been alleged just because someone says it is so.

Edited to add location: it happened at 1 in Hamilton outside of Penn station on Dixie highway/ rt 4
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-11-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast