• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HELP i was detained

jacob

heres the story i have no ccw. I had lunch today walked out to my car before entering unloaded my weapon placed it in my car and the empty clip in my holster when two men no uniforms came out guns drawn ordered me to turn around back up place my hands on the car . They asked where the gun was i said in the car . One opened my door removed the gun took my magazine from my holster said i was inducing panic.They still have not told me who they are yet! Removed my wallet from my pants took my id called me in and said i was inducing panic. The man is a deputy sheriff i told him i was breaking no laws and he said i was inducing panic and i cannot carry it openly. after 20 mins he said hes going me go and pull all my info but he may or may not issue a warrent. he then said if im caught openly carrying again he was going to charge me with a felony. he took pics of me my car my gun the serial number even called the gun in to see if its stolen . help me what are my rights ! what can i do! i have his name and badge number

jacob

no my phone was on the trunk the ordered me at gun point not to move my hands . he is dep.k. mafield i belive i cannot read his writing but his badge is 1164. it happened at one today. the sheriff office is 5137851000. the lt. said he can arrest me for inducing i heard him say it on his phone.

aadvark

jacob:

The Act of Openly Carrying a Firearm in Ohio does NOT Constitute Inducing Panic.

The Police did Violate Your Search and Seizure Rights, if would Appear.

I would Contact Ohioans for Concealed Carry OR The Buckeye Firearms Association, or both.

Also, it would Appear that The Police did Vioalte Ohio Revised Statute 9.68.

aadvark

jacob

Please tell me what I need to do. He acted like if I started trouble he was gonna issue a warrant for my arrest

ManInBlack

Please tell me what I need to do. He acted like if I started trouble he was gonna issue a warrant for my arrest

Of course he did. A huge portion of police "work" involves intimidating citizens out of asserting their rights.

jacob

I need help I want to make him pay for this . He was two feet from me finger on the trigger not on the guard not in the guard he was taking slack out of the trigger with the gun pointed at my head . I could read glock he was so ******* close

zoom6zoom

two men no uniforms came out guns drawn ordered me to turn around back up place my hands on the car
At what point (or did they) identify themselves?
Two men rushing at me with guns drawn certainly would fit the description of "inducing panic"!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentleman - pause take a deep breath.

How often has it been said to confirm first. This is not intended to be a slap at the OP, but how many times have we seen new posters with similar stories? This may well be true and deserve attention, but at this point it is hearsay, unsubstantiated.

You all now how to FOIA or make simple phone calls - do it for the benefit of all.

jacob

Call whatever u need I posted the number and officer badge number it happened at 1 in Hamilton outside of Penn station on Dixie highway/ rt 4 . This is very real

jacob

705 hanover street hamilton ohio 45011 office number 5137851000 butler county sheriff's office badge number 1164

jacob

Heres the card he gave me

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336678792322.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336678792322.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 286

jacob

They never did when he put his gun back in the holster and turned his gun side towards me he had a badge on his belt half blocked by his tucked in shirt. I did not know his name or rank till I got the card

H

Herr Heckler Koch

You need to immediately hire an attorney personal representative and follow his instructions to the letter, answering his questions fully and completely.

It is our opinion that you may indeed have a cause of action but we can't tell from your responses.

Hareuhal

I mean, I'm new here still, obviously, but I definitely spent several days scouring this forum trying to take in information as much as possible...

Assuming all the facts are true, you did not break any laws.

You were openly carrying, which is legal.
The police forcefully detained and searched you without RAS...

Definitely would call in and make several complaints, as well as look into getting an attorney to make sure nothing like that happens again.

Pretty bad that most cops don't know the laws..but even a newbie like me does ;[

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
heres the story i have no ccw. I had lunch today walked out to my car before entering unloaded my weapon placed it in my car and the empty clip in my holster when two men no uniforms came out guns drawn ordered me to turn around back up place my hands on the car . They asked where the gun was i said in the car . One opened my door removed the gun took my magazine from my holster said i was inducing panic.They still have not told me who they are yet! Removed my wallet from my pants took my id called me in and said i was inducing panic. The man is a deputy sheriff i told him i was breaking no laws and he said i was inducing panic and i cannot carry it openly. after 20 mins he said hes going me go and pull all my info but he may or may not issue a warrent. he then said if im caught openly carrying again he was going to charge me with a felony. he took pics of me my car my gun the serial number even called the gun in to see if its stolen . help me what are my rights ! what can i do! i have his name and badge number
First, please learn the joys of proper capitalization, punctuation, and paragraph usage.

Are you JIceman by any chance?

You will gain nothing from hiring a lawyer right now except to drain your wallet. Even if you do so later, given your description of your detainment, you are wasting your money.

As someone else said "You all now how to FOIA or make simple phone calls - do it for the benefit of all." Is the incident documented? Get the documents.

Afterward, post back what you find out.

p.s. - it's not a bad idea to get a CHL - unloading a pistol in view of the public (or concealing the unloading process) is sure to get unwelcome attention.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
You do not need an attorney, yet.

Why do people think getting an attorney is the answer? 99% of the time it does more harm than good.

You need to get the incident report and all other documents related to the issue/matter including any and all records and reports that are connected to the particular officer, time and place.