Thread: I-5 Clean-up on Mother's Day

I-5 Clean-up on Mother's Day

Motherís Day treat: Help OC crowd pick up garbage along I-5

Looking for an unusual opportunity to treat Mom to something really different this Sunday?
    Join the Open Carry crowd along Interstate 5 northbound shoulder from the Puyallup River bridge to the exit at 54th Avenue in Fife, north and east from Tacoma.

http://www.examiner.com/article/moth...bage-along-i-5

So it looks like Dave got some bad info from a old Yahoo site. If anyone wants to get the equipment from me and do a clean up, get with me and I will fill you in.

At this time there is NO scheduled cleanup on Mothers day.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post

Bill
    Well darn! I can't think a finer way to treat Mom on Motherís Day. My god, itís like a garage sale, eat all you can find, plenty of weeds and flowers for her, and it wonít cost you a dime! You could even pay for the gas by turning in the scrap metal you find! Win-Win, mommaís happy and you make a few bucks.

So, bad info, a rehash of very basic "OC in Washington information," and then this:

There is a complete section devoted to open carry in this writerís Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities, available at several gun shops.
    Hmmm...seems there is a very good reason for drive-by threads designed to boost page views...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    So, bad info, a rehash of very basic "OC in Washington information," and then this:

There is a complete section devoted to open carry in this writerís Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities, available at several gun shops.

Hmmm...seems there is a very good reason for drive-by threads designed to boost page views...
    And the book is available at Champion Arms in Kent!
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    So it looks like Dave got some bad info from a old Yahoo site. If anyone wants to get the equipment from me and do a clean up, get with me and I will fill you in.

Bill

I'll call you, should be able to pick everything up saturday after noonish
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    I'll call you, should be able to pick everything up saturday after noonish
    TW, you and Starks are heroes and I'm sure he'll agree that this is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of, much less experienced.

He tracked down the source and, correct me if I'm wrong Bill, but these clean-up advisories have been on kind of an "auto pilot" for quite some time, and it appears nobody ever noticed.

Being one of the few people who post without hiding behind some internet handle, I'll take the hit for this,, but it was certainly unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    TW, you and Starks are heroes and I'm sure he'll agree that this is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of, much less experienced.

He tracked down the source and, correct me if I'm wrong Bill, but these clean-up advisories have been on kind of an "auto pilot" for quite some time, and it appears nobody ever noticed.

Being one of the few people who post without hiding behind some internet handle, I'll take the hit for this,, but it was certainly unintentional.

You could come join us in the festivities, so you wouldn't have to print a retraction :-p
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

I would, if I didn't have to work.

I would like to as well, but already have obligations to attend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

I'll show if there's going to be other people.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Well, lets start a roll call

Me
    Levi

Just you and me, Techno?
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

I can make it.
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehŲren

Where and what time are we meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Where and what time are we meeting?
    I didn't get any sleep last night, forgot to get the stuff from Bill when I was in Tacoma, and I have a friend staying the night due to emergency circumstances...

I think I'm gonna have to admit defeat on this one..