• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoot the Wounded !

Im not understanding this thread. if you get picked on anywhere, computer or real life sidewalk crap, its best to ignore it. turn the other way iv been here a short time reading over threads. I see some get bashed. in most cases I feel if they simply ignore the ones bashing it would end it right then and there. I know I dont know a ton on firearms and the laws thats why iv joined the sight. theres more good information then bad here. I dont feel the need to bash people and hopefully no one bashs me. if they do ill simply ignore it. I think theres alot more good people here then bad. maybe you mau have just had a few heated arguments with peoplr but dont let it turn you away from a good source of information.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
How can I say this nicely? Let me see. Nope! Can't do it.

If you write posts that sound like a crazy person, and look like someone from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons, do not get all hurt in your feelings when folks respond to you like a crazy person from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons.

There are lots of folks here who have outlandish ideas, and lots of folks here who seem only to be able to put down what others have posted. There are some folks who try and help the really wierd ones understand that as a general rule their craziness does not go over well. There are even folks who, from time to time, get frustrated at one or two or a whole bunch of the rest of the folks here and tell them in no certain terms that they are frustrated.

But to liken even a few (who you have apparently forgotten to identify) to someone wandering about a battlefield shooting the wounded? I just don't see how you got that - but then I don't read every thread in which a crazy person from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons has posted.

I'd normally ask you to explain yourself a little, or provide some specifics as to what made you thing rgat about some of the posters, or at least suggest you provide the details to a moderator or administrator. But I'm truely aftaid all you would do is to post more stuff that looks like it came from a crazy person from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons.

MyWifeSaidYes

Come on now, Skid. His feelings have been hurt!

Hmm. Hurt = wounded.

I'll be right back...gotta load my shotgun. :banana:

PistolPackingMomma

The OP's post and mannerisms ill become us here on OCDO.

I suggest he sits in a corner and learns a little bit more about decorum before he joins the adult table.

ManInBlack

LOL this guy just keeps getting better and better...

I'm frankly surprised the banhammer has taken this long to put him out of his excruciating misery.

Tess

Founder's Club Member

If you write posts that sound like a crazy person, and look like someone from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons, do not get all hurt in your feelings when folks respond to you like a crazy person from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons.

There are lots of folks here who have outlandish ideas, and lots of folks here who seem only to be able to put down what others have posted. There are some folks who try and help the really wierd ones understand that as a general rule their craziness does not go over well. There are even folks who, from time to time, get frustrated at one or two or a whole bunch of the rest of the folks here and tell them in no certain terms that they are frustrated.

But to liken even a few (who you have apparently forgotten to identify) to someone wandering about a battlefield shooting the wounded? I just don't see how you got that - but then I don't read every thread in which a crazy person from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons has posted.

I'd normally ask you to explain yourself a little, or provide some specifics as to what made you thing rgat about some of the posters, or at least suggest you provide the details to a moderator or administrator. But I'm truely aftaid all you would do is to post more stuff that looks like it came from a crazy person from the rubber-walled ward who got hold of a big box of crayons.

Skid, for once in your life <grin> ... PERFECT.

DrakeZ07

First off, sorry for the late posting [3+ days from the last forum reply].

Secondly, Skidmark, may I have your permission to put your first paragraph in my Signature [with citations]? it made my BF and I laugh immensely, xD

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
First off, sorry for the late posting [3+ days from the last forum reply].

Secondly, Skidmark, may I have your permission to put your first paragraph in my Signature [with citations]? it made my BF and I laugh immensely, xD

Go ahead. You can even attribute it to "read this somewhere on the internet" - there are other things I have been responsible for that are floating out there attributed in that manner. If you don't want to give attribution that's also OK with me - I'm not in this for the money.

stay safe.

gunns

I try and not post anything completely out there, I know on this site I would get called out, beat up and maybe cry allot.

Medic1210

I understand where you're comimg from scott58dh, but you cant let the few bad apples get to ya. Unfortunately, this thread isn't likely gonna help your plight too much. Gotta have thick skin to play on the interwebz. Many folks are a lot bigger online than in real person, and unfortunately the anonymity of the Internet gives people the confidence to say things they'd never say to another man's face. Don't take it personally.

Last edited:

rodbender

OK, Skid, now stop playing nicy-nice tell us what you really think.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
YouMad.gif