Thread: Is the RKABA fundamental and universal, or not? St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner

Herr Heckler Koch

Is the RKABA fundamental and universal, or not? St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Hofmann, St. Louis Gun Rights Examiner
    The only problem with proposing a U.N. treaty extending the right to keep and bear arms as a fundamental human right for all people, as Gingrich proposed, is that we fall rather short of that lofty goal ourselves, even here in the U.S. We deny felons who have paid their debt to society the right to keep and bear arms (and even body armor), even while ruling that denying them the right to vote is "racist."

And now, a federal appeals court has ruled that illegal aliens also have no right to keep and bear arms,...[my emphasis]
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    How about this, as a razor to slice natural rights from Constitutional Rights, that the state is not bound to finance the protection of non-citizens rights? All men are endowed with unalienable rights that must be defended by the state in which they lawfully participate. Any state may defend natural rights at its option but only the citizen's lawful state must defend.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 05-11-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Iowa, USA
    For a long time I have believed that our rights were supported by our Consitution, and that the Consitution applied to legal citizens of this country. And I still do. If a person enters this country illegally, they should not be allowed the protection of our Constitut. The Bill of Rights protects us, or is supposed to protect us, from our government. If you are not a legal citizen, then that protection does not apply to you.

However, I agree with Newt that every human has a right to self defense.

And as far as felons are concerned, I feel that if the situation were warranted, and one ended up using a weapon for self defense, then it will hopefully be proven in court, and not again convicted.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.