Thread: CC a BUG while OC main question?

CC a BUG while OC main question?

Have a couple questions about carrying a concealed BUG while OCing my main. Since I got my new carry gun the old one has become my BUG and I started carrying it as such.

If I am stopped by a LEO (outside my vehicle) who asks for my ID or CPL can I still refuse or am I forced to show my ID and CPL because I have one concealed, knowing full well I was stopped only because of my OC?

All guns must be OCed in a CFZ correct? (BUG is usually carried in the small of my back and is difficult to unconceal)

Any issues or potential problems you are aware of carrying OC and CC at the same time?

Thanks for the insight
    Hevy
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

You are CCing, must disclose. You can always OC your BUG on your weak side. Some people OC two pistols.
    Last edited by griffin; 05-11-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You are CCing, must disclose. You can always OC your BUG on your weak side. Some people OC two pistols.

If you are being lawfully detained you must disclose. A casual contact is not a detainment and disclosure is not required. Always best to ask if you are free to go. Of course better safe than sorry.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    If you carry a BUG in a CEZ, it must be OC as well.

This is why I carry in a configuration where both my pistols are OWB so that I don't have to disclose when I am stopped nor think about whether I am in violation of carrying concealed in a PFZ.

And yes, as long as you are carrying a concealed pistol you have a duty to disclose, the reasoning for the stop becomes immaterial.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdr_iceman71 View Post
    This is why I carry in a configuration where both my pistols are OWB so that I don't have to disclose when I am stopped nor think about whether I am in violation of carrying concealed in a PFZ.

And yes, as long as you are carrying a concealed pistol you have a duty to disclose, the reasoning for the stop becomes immaterial.
    ^^^
    Yep - that. Best way to stay out of the LEIN system is to make it as difficult as possible for them to unlawfully run/enter you into it.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    From now on, Im not carrying ID at all unless Im driving.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Well this is one approach, and not a bad idea per se' . There is atleast one MI PD that I know of that will confiscate your weapon, then call out the name of the registered owner, if you don't step forward, with ID off it goes with them. Never mind as a CPL holder you can carry OPENLY any legally registered pistol with the owners permission.

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

I think I know of what you speak! A rather high strung fellow if my mind serves right!
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 05-13-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Well this is one approach, and not a bad idea per se' . There is atleast one MI PD that I know of that will confiscate your weapon, then call out the name of the registered owner, if you don't step forward, with ID off it goes with them. Never mind as a CPL holder you can carry OPENLY any legally registered pistol with the owners permission.

wow hes good lol..

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    What we have referred to as "Sterile OC"...
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    wow hes good lol..
    Yep, he's one of the more creative criminals I have had the displeasure of meeting. A SGT. No less with the same name of a recent two term president (not) clinton. Works for a crappy city that rhymes with the word foreign. Which is exactly where he and his ilk should be ..... back in the USSR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8wg...eature=related

Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 05-16-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Add tunes & toon ;) the old folks will get it.

Even the USSR had rules of conduct, and if you broke them it could quite litterally mean "off with your head".
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

I know we had video on that incident any chance of seeing it?

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    I know we had video on that incident any chance of seeing it?
    The holder of said evidence will be making copies shortly - no its not me (sorry members of LE comm.)

I look forward to seeing the vid I was an "interesting" encounter, and everyone should be able to see it.