• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC a BUG while OC main question?

Hevymetal

Have a couple questions about carrying a concealed BUG while OCing my main. Since I got my new carry gun the old one has become my BUG and I started carrying it as such.

If I am stopped by a LEO (outside my vehicle) who asks for my ID or CPL can I still refuse or am I forced to show my ID and CPL because I have one concealed, knowing full well I was stopped only because of my OC?

All guns must be OCed in a CFZ correct? (BUG is usually carried in the small of my back and is difficult to unconceal)

Any issues or potential problems you are aware of carrying OC and CC at the same time?

Thanks for the insight
Hevy

griffin

You are CCing, must disclose. You can always OC your BUG on your weak side. Some people OC two pistols.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
You are CCing, must disclose. You can always OC your BUG on your weak side. Some people OC two pistols.

If you are being lawfully detained you must disclose. A casual contact is not a detainment and disclosure is not required. Always best to ask if you are free to go. Of course better safe than sorry.

cmdr_iceman71

This is why I carry in a configuration where both my pistols are OWB so that I don't have to disclose when I am stopped nor think about whether I am in violation of carrying concealed in a PFZ.

And yes, as long as you are carrying a concealed pistol you have a duty to disclose, the reasoning for the stop becomes immaterial.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
This is why I carry in a configuration where both my pistols are OWB so that I don't have to disclose when I am stopped nor think about whether I am in violation of carrying concealed in a PFZ.

And yes, as long as you are carrying a concealed pistol you have a duty to disclose, the reasoning for the stop becomes immaterial.

^^^
Yep - that. Best way to stay out of the LEIN system is to make it as difficult as possible for them to unlawfully run/enter you into it.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
From now on, Im not carrying ID at all unless Im driving.

Well this is one approach, and not a bad idea per se' . There is atleast one MI PD that I know of that will confiscate your weapon, then call out the name of the registered owner, if you don't step forward, with ID off it goes with them. Never mind as a CPL holder you can carry OPENLY any legally registered pistol with the owners permission.

rvd4now

Well this is one approach, and not a bad idea per se' . There is atleast one MI PD that I know of that will confiscate your weapon, then call out the name of the registered owner, if you don't step forward, with ID off it goes with them. Never mind as a CPL holder you can carry OPENLY any legally registered pistol with the owners permission.

wow hes good lol..

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
wow hes good lol..

Yep, he's one of the more creative criminals I have had the displeasure of meeting. A SGT. No less with the same name of a recent two term president (not) clinton. Works for a crappy city that rhymes with the word foreign. Which is exactly where he and his ilk should be ..... back in the USSR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8wgBzVyNg&feature=related

Last edited: