Thread: What the ?

What the ?

I heard this on the news this am. What the fuc# 5 mil. to do there job properly like they were suposed to be doing it all along

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crim...-reform/nN2hH/
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Wait, if you do your job badly they give you more money? Perhaps I've been going about trying to get a raise the wrong way.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Dah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Wait, if you do your job badly they give you more money? Perhaps I've been going about trying to get a raise the wrong way.

Thats why I could never seem to get ahead I was doing it right the first time OH!!

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

That extra $5 Million is the expected cost of Federal Monitoring of the PD. Reports, extra personnel to generate them, etc. You're right, they should have been doing it right all along but just remember, it's Seattle PD. I had some experience with their Command Staff back in the 60's while working for a Seattle Company. That was back when the "Envelopes" were passed around from patrolman to chief, everyone taking their share from the cash in it until it made it to the top.

What's really changed?

Best thing that could happen to SPD is to be under DOJ's supervision. They'll fight it like hell and claim all the extra costs will hurt. Instead they'll just end up paying settlements for the misbehavior of their officers. I hope DOJ doesn't buy the BS the Mayor and Chief are putting out with their 20-20 "plan".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Is the five mill a year the anticipated payout for police misconduct?? Or is mcgrimm trying to intimidate the public? Beat them up, shoot them, charge them five mill a year. A good reason to stay out of seatlle
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Is the five mill a year the anticipated payout for police misconduct?? Or is mcgrimm trying to intimidate the public? Beat them up, shoot them, charge them five mill a year. A good reason to stay out of seatlle

My thoughts exactly

DEMAND IT

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    HAHAHAHA! Oh man. This is what this country has come to?
    How about introducing some radical laws that give the people some power and confidence to stand up to injustice, coupled with seriously deterring punishments for the actual law breakers?

That is how it is where I work. If you slack off all week, and do everything except your job, you get to work overtime to "catch up".

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    De unionize public sector employees, money will be saved and heads can roll....(figuratively of course)
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

LOL Sounds like normal Government employment to me.. Screw up to move up!

I mostly agree with SVG..
    If they can't specifically Void the existing Union Contract and completely de-unionize. Then put the Union on official notice that due to the misconduct of their members, the cost of oversight will come out of their coffers and they have to figure out how to make it work.. That a Civilian Oversight Committee comprised of disinterested people (those who do not live in and have no associations to anyone in Seattle, the SPD or its Union) will be hired to handle all efficiency and misconduct reports from an Office Building located outside of King County to avoid any possibility of favoritism or coercion and that any SPD Officer not complying will receive a disciplinary discharge.

They could save themselves a bunch of cash and satisfy the FBI at the same time.
    Last edited by LkWd_Don; 05-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Oooh oooh!!!!

Pick me to run that commitee and I will ask for help on the OC forum. We will get shite straightend out in seattle.

DEMAND IT