Thread: German Police Used Only 85 Bullets Against People in 2011

German Police Used Only 85 Bullets Against People in 2011

I cannot comment, due to restrictions.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/05/german-police-used-only-85-bullets-against-people-2011/52162/

I am sure one of you will get there.

Hell American police use the same amount in one shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a dog.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    At a dog.

Yup

So if we allow our government to disarm its subjects they wont shoot us. A disarmed people is an obedient people, they wont even fight back.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

Herr Heckler Koch
    The Germans have learned from their history, certainly in so far as policing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    The Germans have learned from their history, certainly in so far as policing.
    You've apparently never been stopped by the Polizei and accused of being drunk. They are legally authorized to take a blood sample by force, and will not hesitate to --legally-- beat the crap out of you if that's what it takes.

I'm fine with government officials being banned from having firearms... Just not bans on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    You've apparently never been stopped by the Polizei and accused of being drunk. They are legally authorized to take a blood sample by force, and will not hesitate to --legally-- beat the crap out of you if that's what it takes.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds pretty much like what the police in the US will do/can do/Have done to people who do not do as they say ?

Germany lost the War and we took all their guns away.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds pretty much like what the police in the US will do/can do/Have done to people who do not do as they say ?
    Only because of the hyperbole used here. Over here police beatings for not cooperating are largely not legal, over there it is legal.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Hell, in Germany you can be arrested for giving someone the middle finger.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Only because of the hyperbole used here. Over here police beatings for not cooperating are largely not legal, over there it is legal.
    I hear what your saying yet the officers, for the most part who are doing things of this nature very rarely get charged or disciplined in any meaningful way ! and when they do get charged others in their field feel they are being picked on for "just doing their job"

Comments posted on Officer.com about Kelly Thomas beating. http://forums.officer.com/t178068/ There were other threads about this incident when it first broke on the news and they were even harsher than this one.

Sometimes I don't really see much of a difference between our LEO's and the LEO's in other country's, which saddens me immensely as it shows me that the american dream is almost, if not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Germany lost the War and we took all their guns away.
    They didn't lose. They just all moved to the US under Project Paperclip, and were given new identities and jobs in academia, corporate research and government.

Is there any surprise that official policies in the US toward law enforcement, eugenics, the use of "false flags" to further political agendas, and race in the US have become more like 1930s Germany and less and less like the Founding Father's vision, since the late 1940s?

Just sayin'...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Another interesting tidbit from that article is that German police fired 49 "warning shots".

Most US police agencies specifically FORBID the firing of "warning shots". And if you ever fire a "warning shot" in a "self defense" situation, you can pretty much be GUARANTEED that you wil be raked over the coals for it in court by the prosecutor.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/11/justic...ss_igoogle_cnn

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nh-h...ring-burglary/

"Warning shots" have to go somewhere. And the problem with them is that it is VERY difficult to predict where they will go, unless you fire them into the ground.

Massad Ayoob has, in every article I've ever seen by him, argued AGAINST "warning shots" for numerous reasons, and has been called to defend people for firing them when they are gone after by ant-gun prosecutors.

I wonder where those 49 bullets that were fired as "warning shots" by German Police came back down, and why they aren't talking about that?
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Another interesting tidbit from that article is that German police fired 49 "warning shots".
    It sounds like the public and courts there are still gullible enough to not realize that "warning shot" is a euphemism for "I missed".

Quote Originally Posted by kbcraig View Post
    it sounds like the public and courts there are still gullible enough to not realize that "warning shot" is a euphemism for "i missed".
    lol!!!
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    "Warning shots" have to go somewhere. And the problem with them is that it is VERY difficult to predict where they will go, unless you fire them into the ground.
    I lived in Germany for four years. It's largely rural, heavily wooded, and the ground is rarely rocky. I can't think of a safer place to fire a "warning shot" other than on range.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.