• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

German Police Used Only 85 Bullets Against People in 2011

CrimsonSoul

Hell American police use the same amount in one shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eamelhorn

So if we allow our government to disarm its subjects they wont shoot us. A disarmed people is an obedient people, they wont even fight back.

Ca Patriot

I thought I read a major study that found only 3% of bullets fired by law enforcement in America hit their intended target.

The article from Germany had an open and obvious anti-gun message. But I am sure America's guns have killed fewer people than Germanys ovens.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The Germans have learned from their history, certainly in so far as policing.

KBCraig

The Germans have learned from their history, certainly in so far as policing.

You've apparently never been stopped by the Polizei and accused of being drunk. They are legally authorized to take a blood sample by force, and will not hesitate to --legally-- beat the crap out of you if that's what it takes.

Daylen

I'm fine with government officials being banned from having firearms... Just not bans on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Guido

You've apparently never been stopped by the Polizei and accused of being drunk. They are legally authorized to take a blood sample by force, and will not hesitate to --legally-- beat the crap out of you if that's what it takes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds pretty much like what the police in the US will do/can do/Have done to people who do not do as they say ?

Daylen

Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds pretty much like what the police in the US will do/can do/Have done to people who do not do as they say ?

Only because of the hyperbole used here. Over here police beatings for not cooperating are largely not legal, over there it is legal.

Guido

Only because of the hyperbole used here. Over here police beatings for not cooperating are largely not legal, over there it is legal.

I hear what your saying yet the officers, for the most part who are doing things of this nature very rarely get charged or disciplined in any meaningful way ! and when they do get charged others in their field feel they are being picked on for "just doing their job"

Comments posted on Officer.com about Kelly Thomas beating. http://forums.officer.com/t178068/ There were other threads about this incident when it first broke on the news and they were even harsher than this one.

Sometimes I don't really see much of a difference between our LEO's and the LEO's in other country's, which saddens me immensely as it shows me that the american dream is almost, if not dead.

Dreamer

Germany lost the War and we took all their guns away.

They didn't lose. They just all moved to the US under Project Paperclip, and were given new identities and jobs in academia, corporate research and government.

Is there any surprise that official policies in the US toward law enforcement, eugenics, the use of "false flags" to further political agendas, and race in the US have become more like 1930s Germany and less and less like the Founding Father's vision, since the late 1940s?

Just sayin'...

Dreamer

Another interesting tidbit from that article is that German police fired 49 "warning shots".

Most US police agencies specifically FORBID the firing of "warning shots". And if you ever fire a "warning shot" in a "self defense" situation, you can pretty much be GUARANTEED that you wil be raked over the coals for it in court by the prosecutor.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/11/justi...d-sentencing/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nh-homeowner-arrested-for-firing-warning-shot-during-burglary/

"Warning shots" have to go somewhere. And the problem with them is that it is VERY difficult to predict where they will go, unless you fire them into the ground.

Massad Ayoob has, in every article I've ever seen by him, argued AGAINST "warning shots" for numerous reasons, and has been called to defend people for firing them when they are gone after by ant-gun prosecutors.

[video=youtube_share;qW_xaTf5oqI]http://youtu.be/qW_xaTf5oqI[/video]

I wonder where those 49 bullets that were fired as "warning shots" by German Police came back down, and why they aren't talking about that?

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Warning shots" have to go somewhere. And the problem with them is that it is VERY difficult to predict where they will go, unless you fire them into the ground.

I lived in Germany for four years. It's largely rural, heavily wooded, and the ground is rarely rocky. I can't think of a safer place to fire a "warning shot" other than on range.