• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If I didn't drop BOA a while back..I would now

Baked on Grease

Yup, the CEO said he will no longer accept BoA cards, good for him.

I dropped them years ago. When I closed my accounts they said if ANY charges goes through they would reopen the account and charge me fees.. :banghead: um what? They're closed, no money... If a charge comes in bounce it and let me deal with the person who wants my money. >.<

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Redbaron007

How does the company know if it is a BOA card or not, unless presented in person? :eek: If the transaction is on-line/phone, how do they know?

As always, there are two sides, not saying Mr Millan isn't truthful; but in my experience, there is always two sides to this story and it would be interesting to hear BoA version. Unfortunately, I doubt we will, their privacy policy would prevent them from doing so in details.

zekester

How does the company know if it is a BOA card or not, unless presented in person? :eek: If the transaction is on-line/phone, how do they know?

As always, there are two sides, not saying Mr Millan isn't truthful; but in my experience, there is always two sides to this story and it would be interesting to hear BoA version. Unfortunately, I doubt we will, their privacy policy would prevent them from doing so in details.

You have got to be kidding me...this is a nationally known company....You think for one minute they will provide this information if it were not true?

If it were not true, don't you think that the liberals would be all over this?

Redbaron007

You have got to be kidding me...this is a nationally known company....You think for one minute they will provide this information if it were not true?

If it were not true, don't you think that the liberals would be all over this?

Actually, they can't speak to a person account publically because of their Federally mandated Privacy Policy. So if they wanted to, and did, they could be facing violations, civil and potential federal. They don't want to p1ss off the regulators either. They did respond, denying the allegations; that is prolly the extent of their public conversation.

zekester

point taken

You said you would like to hear the BOA side of the story...You say they can't, understood,,,Question still remains, why would a Nationally recognize company put their reputation on line for this crap???

BOA is as crooked as my 1904 7mm Mauser!!..(sporterized, for sale or trade...lol)

Last edited:

Redbaron007

point taken

You said you would like to hear the BOA side of the story...You say they can't, understood,,,Question still remains, why would a Nationally recognize company put their reputation on line for a bounce check or something of the sort?

BOA is as crooked as my 1904 7mm Mauser!!..

If they could, I would love to hear their side....not sure I will take Mr McMillan comments as 100% gospel.

Are they legally crooked, or philosophically crooked?

Those 1904s are pretty curvie! :D

zekester

Philosophically crooked for sure, but if you take in account that they recieved billions of dollars of our money to survive, then decide who can and cannot have account...that is up to the next administration to decide.

1904...Curvy and a bit sexy!!!lol

Last edited:

peterarthur

Yeah, the only bank that allows, no, ENCOURAGES me to bank while armed is anti 2A. I am very suspicious of this story. I have talked to several bank managers at several branches around Kansas City and none of them has ever been anything but extremely 2A friendly. It is the main reason that they get most of my banking business. I used to dislike them. But they never act weird or suspicious about open carry. And they don't gouge me like the other banks in town, especially Commerce which is EXTREMELY anti 2A.

I would be very skeptical about this story. Do an open carry into one and see what I mean. I don't give a rat's ass about this guys story. I dislike the NRA, too. They are more anti open carry than BofA is as far as I can tell. I dropped NRA membership years ago because of this. GOA is way better. At least GOA recognizes states sovereignty. Wayne LaPierre is a d-bag.