• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Challenge to the "lesser of two evils" crowd

09jisaac

True. Very true.

But giving up whatever freedom we have left now will do nothing but hurt the future generations.

Those who take up arms lose a lot of freedom in the fight, it may have to be mirrored.

I would give up my liberty to gain future generations liberty and freedom, if that is the cost.

We are "told" we have to choose between two candidates, that the major party leaders choose for us (they really do). They are usually only partly in agreement with a particular person's view. That person should have the ability to elect someone perfectly aligned with his/her view if a majority of voters feel the same.

I am going to use all legal means to change this county's government for the better, and I think one of those options is to vote for who I think is most correct. Not less wrong.

()pen(arry

But giving up whatever freedom we have left now will do nothing but hurt the future generations.

Two men confront an American and demand a dollar. The one says, "If you give me the dollar, I'll give you back eighty cents and some pocket lint." The other says, "If you give me the dollar, I'll give you back eighty cents and a Monopoly $50 note." The American figures that, while this is a raw deal either way, he'd damn well rather have the Monopoly note, because at least he can use that to play Monopoly.

The next day, the same two men confront the American and demand eighty cents. The one says, "If you give me the eighty cents, I'll give you back sixty cents and this stolen, canceled debit card." The other says, "If you give me the eighty cents, I'll give you back sixty cents and this dirty, torn comic book that shows how a super hero trains kung fu." The American figures that, while this is a raw deal either way, he'd damn well rather have the comic book, because at least he might learn some kung fu from it.

The next day, the same two men confront the American and demand sixty cents. The one says, "If you give me the sixty cents, I'll give you back forty cents and a kick in the pants." The other says, "If you give me the sixty cents, I'll give you back forty cents and kiss your sister." A third man arrives and says, "If you give me the sixty cents, I'll earn a profit and return both the sixty cents and the profit to you." The American figures that, while the first two options are a raw deal, the third option just doesn't seem realistic, and at least with the second man, he's not getting kicked in the nuts.

The next day, the same three men confront the American. The first man kicks him in the nuts and says, "Give me forty cents, and I'll give you back twenty cents." The second man shows him a cell phone picture of his sister naked and says, "Give me forty cents, and I'll give you back twenty cents." The third man says, "I can't make nearly as much profit for you now, since you only have forty cents at this point, but if you give it to me, I'll earn a profit and return both the forty cents and the profit to you." The American figures that, while the first two options are a raw deal, the third option just doesn't seem realistic and the profit on forty cents is basically pointless, and at least with the second man, he's not getting kicked in the nuts, though his sister appears to have a black eye.

The next day, the same three men confront the American. The first and second men together take his twenty cents and beat him within an inch of his life. The third man says, "Sorry, pal. You've already given away all of your money. There's nothing I can do for you now."

scott58dh

freedom & life

Ronald Reagan Quotes,,,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
Mark Twain ; :cool:

georg jetson

Here's a post from another thread I thought apropros for this discussion. Can it be that our attitude about voting has caused the "thin gold plating of our society" to wear away?

Patriotism cannot be forced; it comes from the wellsprings of men's innermost being.

I don't support the draft. I do mourn the slow death of personal responsibility, the wasting away of dignity, the rape of shame. All is lost; what are we fighting for, anymore?

Can we ever regain the values that allowed us to walk tall, to hold our head high, and say 'We did the RIGHT thing!'

Did we ever have those values? Or, has the thin gold plating of our society worn away to show the base metal that is our real core?

I can only speak for myself, my values, my beliefs. I am responsible for my self, to the world. I WANT to be able to say 'I did the right thing', even if all around me fall away.

God bless America, home of the somewhat free, and formerly brave.

Let's be brave.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

You will NEVER win all of your political battles desisively no matter how many people are on your side. The moonbat messiah (who I consider to be the greatest evil since Wilson, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao, the snake in the Garden of Eden and FDR) is without a doubt the most formidibale enemy we face even considering all our enemies around the world combined. Defeating him in this election is an absolute neccessity IMNSHO. Hitlary Clinton could be the GOP nominee and I would support her at this point. The Dark Lord Ktulu, the Ghost of Ghengis Khan, and the false prophet muhamed could manifest themselves and easily get my vote over the moonbat messiah.

You defeat your enemy by hitting the head as hard as you can, decentralize the command and control, and wipe up the pieces. Romney SUCKS!!! I totally agree. Yet I'll support him and focus the rest of my attention on local, and state reps. Everyone gets carried away on the president. Lets also get in gear and make sure the legislature is packed with people who promote our agenda.

DrakeZ07

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

You will NEVER win all of your political battles desisively no matter how many people are on your side. The moonbat messiah (who I consider to be the greatest evil since Wilson, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao, the snake in the Garden of Eden and FDR) is without a doubt the most formidibale enemy we face even considering all our enemies around the world combined. Defeating him in this election is an absolute neccessity IMNSHO. Hitlary Clinton could be the GOP nominee and I would support her at this point. The Dark Lord Ktulu, the Ghost of Ghengis Khan, and the false prophet muhamed could manifest themselves and easily get my vote over the moonbat messiah.

You defeat your enemy by hitting the head as hard as you can, decentralize the command and control, and wipe up the pieces. Romney SUCKS!!! I totally agree. Yet I'll support him and focus the rest of my attention on local, and state reps. Everyone gets carried away on the president. Lets also get in gear and make sure the legislature is packed with people who promote our agenda.

#1: Decisively*
#2: Formidable*
#3: Necessity*
#4: Cthulhu*
#5: Muhammad*
#6: Genghis*

Spell check is your friend, hun~ <3

sudden valley gunner

Hard to say, I'm inclined to not be part, but I hazzard a guess that such would be the easy way out.

Sometimes and sometimes not....I think it can go either way. Depending on your motives. Often when you choose not to follow the "norm" you are singled out and ostracized for it. Yet I do understand the apathy aspect of what you are saying, and in the past I was just plain apathetic about politics, so I took the easy way out. Now I am not apathetic so choosing not to vote if there is no viable candidate is no longer "easy" for me because I want to choose a good candidate. So I registered to vote and will vote in my first presidential election this year, and I will write in Ron Paul or vote Gov. Johnson. But if it becomes a choice of the "lesser of two evils" I will not choose either. Regardless of the peer pressure put upon me to partake, I feel that gives my implied consent to whoever wins for what ever agenda they want to push.

hjmoosejaw

After all is said and done,come election night, it will be between two people. In the morning, one will be President, and one won't. One of the two people will be Obama.

georg jetson

So what is more brave, towing the line or taking a stand and saying no I won't be part of that?

I see nothing brave about towing the line. What I do see are a lot of people complainig about the apparent loss of values in this country and then when it comes time to vote, they tow the line. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

()pen(arry

After all is said and done,come election night, it will be between two people. In the morning, one will be President, and one won't. One of the two people will be Obama.

You are horrible at math and reason. On election night, it will be between everyone in the running. In the morning, one will be President-elect, and all of the rest won't be.

How is this difficult?

georg jetson

Like those who say I'd vote Ron Paul, but that means Obama will win?

Who are "those"? I say no such thing. Those who say such things have problems with logic. However, if they vote their conscience then that may compensate.

Those who do not see that we're in the "lesser of two evils" conundrum by design are intellectually trapped into the outcome... In other words, we have to be smart enough to realize that we're being set up and brave enough to counteract.

Last edited:

hjmoosejaw

You are horrible at math and reason. On election night, it will be between everyone in the running. In the morning, one will be President-elect, and all of the rest won't be.

How is this difficult?

According to the numbers, it will be between two. President-elect becomes President. All the pretending in the world isn't going to change that. How is THAT difficult?

sudden valley gunner

Who are "those"? I say no such thing. Those who say such things have problems with logic. However, if they vote their conscience then that may compensate.

Those who do not see that we're in the "lesser of two evils" conundrum by design are intellectually trapped into the outcome... In other words, we have to be smart enough to realize that we're being set up and brave enough to counteract.

Sorry if you thought the question was directed at you. There has been some on this site who said they like Paul, but will vote for Romney because they don't want Obama to win. Sad in my opinion, like you said we are being set up.