• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Successful Open Carries in Reynoldsburg

cKuR6

I've been lurking & learning on here for a couple months now. We've had constant disturbances on our property. So, I've decided to open carry when outside in an attempt to deter. Also, I've never carried before so it is a bit of practice for when I get my CHL. Thanks to all who know the laws and provide the links I've learned from while lurking.

Here are the successful stories:

I rent a House on Church Property and am also the trustee. I have open carried multiple times (20+) with a few being in plain sight of police with no incidents. I am not sure if they are just not paying attention or if they know the law. After last night, I believe they know the law, or at least accept carrying openly on private property.

Examples-
On property:
We live on a busy main road. I've crossed the lot to get mail, get something from church, take out the trash, with a cruiser parked across the street as well. May not be paying attention but if the officer even glanced at me they should have been able to see the holster.

Laid 12 yards of mulch over a week time period carrying.
Fertilized the yard carrying.
Watered the yard carrying - This instance was during a busy traffic time with 3 cruisers & one padiwagon passing by.
Stood outside & played outside with kids / dog multiple times. A few with a cruiser parked across the street.
Last night, an individual was arrested on the side of our house. Two cruisers were within 20 ft of me the whole time open carrying. They looked at me a few times and waved while departing. That was all. I had very light blue jeans on and a white tshirt. So, the black holster stuck out like a sore thumb.

Off property:
I've only carried in the Columbus ghetto twice. Once to move a departed in laws remaining items and another to drop something off at the in laws. The local neighborhood thugs were rather loud & stared the whole time but gladly, I was able to keep the 32 rounds in the weapon & go back home safely. I must say, the unloading & loading standing outside the vehicle is rather nerve racking the first time.

Last edited:

N605TW

Activist Member
I'm in Reynoldsburg all the time, I have never had a problem with open carry. RPD seems to know the law about Open Carry, they have some other issues that need to be worked on but that's for another forum.

I highly recommend getting your CHL as soon as you can so you can avoid the stupid law about being in a vehicle = concealed carry. Keep on carrying!

I'm adding the dancing monkey because every thread needs a pointless emoticon :monkey

Hareuhal

I'm in Reynoldsburg all the time, I have never had a problem with open carry. RPD seems to know the law about Open Carry, they have some other issues that need to be worked on but that's for another forum.

I highly recommend getting your CHL as soon as you can so you can avoid the stupid law about being in a vehicle = concealed carry. Keep on carrying!

I'm adding the dancing monkey because every thread needs a pointless emoticon :monkey

I cannot wait until my appointment on the 30th for that exact reason! Much rather be able to keep it on me the whole time.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...They looked at me a few times and waived while departing...
Good report, but I hope they waved at you instead.

And, +100 on getting your CHL. Loading/unloading in public or private is not something you want to be doing.

Last edited:

cKuR6

Good report, but I hope they waved at you instead.

And, +100 on getting your CHL. Loading/unloading in public or private is not something you want to be doing.

Yes, they waved at me while departing. I have always waved at them when I see them by the property. Our Pastor is their Chaplin. So, I try to keep the good rapport going. They waved at me that night. Anywho, why would it matter if I wave? I do not have anything against any LEO until they prove they are bad seeds. If you walk around thinking/acting like they're all bad you have a problem and will likely bring unwanted attention upon yourself.

N605 they definitely need to work on other things. Specifically, leadership decisions. I heard something in the news awhile back about one of the higher ups being suspended but couldn't ever find more info on it. A specific decision made by one of their leaders is the exact reason our property has the problems it does. The neighbors are banding together in an attempt to change it but I believe it will be a long process.

Last edited:

cKuR6

Thanks professor......

In a sense they also waived. . . . . . since, too many small towns seem to think they have a right to pester an open carrier.... they waived their rule of stopping, questioning, and running the numbers, of a legal carrier.