Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped Detained Searched w/out RAS or PC. AUDIO

Banned

Stopped Detained Searched w/out RAS or PC. AUDIO

Last edited by stainless1911; 05-18-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Banned
    The last couple minutes get particularly interesting.

I was told that I could expect to be stopped for OC whenever I OC.

At 5:44 they claimed that the gun wasnt registered. I registered the weapon on 1-18 2012
    Last edited by stainless1911; 05-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    open carry is probable cause? sounds like someone needs a refresher course.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    The last couple minutes get particularly interesting.

I was told that I could expect to be stopped for OC whenever I OC.

At 5:44 they claimed that the gun wasnt registered. I registered the weapon on 1-18 2012

Oh man they really love you don't they. At least the one officer was decent, and your registation was figured out. I can't belive the other officer, was he the SRG? " expect to be stopped for OC whenever I OC."

Banned
    I know I talked too much. I was nervous, so I tried to keep to things that were irrelevant.

now they're the fashion police too!

i like your comment that we don't have needs, we have rights.

you were pretty much given a "get out of my town, boy"
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 05-11-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    i like your comment that we don't have needs, we have rights.
    +1

Thumbs up

You definitely gave up too much information and said too much (example: "no, it's suspended, I got railroaded into a reckless driving charge..."), but you know that already.

One of those cops is a total a-hole; the other, severely deluded and cowardly for not forcibly stopping his partner from committing what he must have known was a crime.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 05-11-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Not much stand your ground there huh?
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    now they're the fashion police too!
    lol. I was working in the dirt today, got up late, rushed out the door, etc... I wasnt exactly expecting to meet a pretty young blonde today, so I wasnt too worried about it.

I stood my ground on what I had room to stand on.

Banned
    Is there anything I could do to follow up on the registration issue?

I think my favorite part is when you said "I do not concent to search of my private property or person" and the cop told you "yea well I really dont care right now"

Civil rights violation any one?
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

I personally, won't say much anymore. They are trained in getting you to lower your guard and comply. I'm not criticizing the position taken because we all make the choices in the moment.

"We don't know what's going on upstairs" (referring to carrying a rifle). Hmm they don't know about the mental capacity or intent of all the vehicle operators on the road either.

Bottom line...they are deceived and you won't change their mind. And they don't have to know what's going on.

Sounds like a clear cut case with plenty of legal standing.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 05-11-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Banned
    Just a lack of resources to peruse it. I would donate 75% of any winnings to the CADL thing if there are any takers.

Is there anything I could do to follow up on the registration issue?
    I wouldn't worry about it. Do you think Harry Callahan would have let you walk off while committing a 28.422/28.422a violation? IMO, they were pissin' on your leg and trying to convince you it was raining.

If you want to check on your registration, go to the licensing authority (where you took your copies) and ask for a copy. The licensing authority is required to retain their copy for not less than 6 years from the time the two copies were submitted. The fee is $1.00.

I tried to keep to things that were irrelevant.
    No such thing.

I believe it was on MGO where somebody related a story where they were stopped and in a very conversational tone the cop asked if he had a cold because he had sinus issues. Through the conversation the cop got the guy to say he'd taken cold medicine--BAM!, a ticket for impaired driving. He fought it and had it thrown but it was still a hassle.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Almost forgot...this would be a proper response

Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Don't worry about it. They are trained to intimidate and squeeze info out of you. It makes people very nervous. If you go on you tube and watch thee guys that video tape their encounters... you know people criticize those guys for "looking for conflict" but it takes a lot of nerve to keep your mouth shut and only give what info your state's laws require.

Even for what it was, that was a good video.

Made me laugh a little.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Banned
    Sure, but there's no need to be a jerk about it. You may need them in your corner one day.

Sure, but there's no need to be a jerk about it. You may need them in your corner one day.
    I can understand that, however, that officer blatantly and admittedly violated your rights. Being nervous is certainly one excuse for being chatty, I was the same way in the beginning.

The police are never in your corner. Remember.....they are doing what they believe is their job, and there is no "Joe schmo" that's going to tell him otherwise.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    I can understand that, however, that officer blatantly and admittedly violated your rights. Being nervous is certainly one excuse for being chatty, I was the same way in the beginning.

The police are never in your corner. Remember.....they are doing what they believe is their job, and there is no "Joe schmo" that's going to tell him otherwise.
    Right.

As far as having them in your corner one day, you never know what tomorrow brings. I could be like that guy in the video, and say nothing, and after I made bail, paid for an attorney (how???) and possibly beat a charge in a court I was convicted twice in even being innocent, and still not change their minds. But they will remember the day I stonewalled them, and would be more than willing to return the favor. Someday, I might have to defend myself, or they might pull me for rolling a stop, and they arent going to let the ticket slide. I will no doubt have many stops in the next 8 years, and have to maintain as good of a relationship with them as possible, while retaining my rights.

Stainless pull the video down, you have too much of your personal information in the video. You need to bleep/edit much of that out.

How was the ball dropped on the State's end regarding your pistol registration?
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by cmdr_iceman71 View Post
    Stainless pull the video down, you have too much of your personal information in the video. You need to bleep/edit much of that out.
    Agreed, edit out your personal info.

How was the ball dropped on the State's end regarding your pistol registration?
    [sarcasm] The state dropping the ball, NEVER!! [/sarcasm]

I think you handled yourself admirably. I am not sure if I would have had the composure you did when the cops acted the way they did.

Hevy
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast