• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO cards

eamelhorn

I have read where some people have educational cards to give out to people who have questions regarding OC. Can I buy them here online? is there alink where I can print them for myself?Also the cards that you can use when stoped by a LEO that have case laws ect. I saw the one on WV gun laws that is on a sticky in the WV forum.

hjmoosejaw

I have read where some people have educational cards to give out to people who have questions regarding OC. Can I buy them here online? is there alink where I can print them for myself?Also the cards that you can use when stoped by a LEO that have case laws ect. I saw the one on WV gun laws that is on a sticky in the WV forum.

I was on a (state) OC site and suggested cards like these. I asked for some input and some people replied with their suggestions. There were some pretty good ideas. But I haven't got around to making any yet. I also would like to know if anybody has some already made up to purchase.

hjmoosejaw

Personal gun quote for card

Earlier, in an above post, I mentioned something about coming up with a card to hand to somebody if asked why I carry. I tossed around a few ideas today. I thought maybe on one side, I'd have a few witty one liners by others that I like. On the other side I thought of putting my own thing. It would read something like this: With all due respect, I would not ask anyone to stop saying a prayer before a meal or stop attending church. Nor to stop speaking freely wherever they go. [FIRST AMENDMENT] I also don't think they should be forced to speak [FIFTH AMENDMENT] Can anyone absolutely guarantee the safety of myself and my family against any violent attack? The lives of myself and my family are the most cherished things I have. If I can stand for your right to speech and prayer, how could anyone even begin to question my right to life itself? I don't know. Yes, no, maybe? Input would be appreciated.

eamelhorn

I looked at the one that MSG posted those are about the same as the one someone made for WV, I will get ahold of that fellow and see about getting some. I would also like to have a wallet card with the relevent laws, in case of a LEO encounter.

eamelhorn

To hjmoosejw Im not the most creative with wording, but I like your idea. Something educational and witty to grab attention. I went thur a check out line yesterday behind a State Trooper, he never said a word just gave a head nod indicating he had saw me OCing. I hope this is the right word to use, it felt like FREEDOM, exercising our rights is liberating. That is what America is about, to know we can do (you fill in blank) as we please within the law without fear of big brother.

ARADCOM

OC Business cards

I designed and ordered these cards (my name and phone number is above my email address but I deleted it for this online post ;-)) at Vistaprint, $16 for 250. I do also usually carry one of the Washington Gun Rights pamphlets to handout.

Attachments

• OC Cards.jpg
    OC Cards.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

hjmoosejaw

I clicked on the Washington state one again and it worked. Thanks waterfowl woody! We have one kind of like that here in Pa. It's a tri-fold flier. I know what you mean eamelhorn, it is pretty liberating. I like those business cards ARADCOM.

Last edited: