• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Savannah Break Time

Cody762

Hello, I am new to this site although I have used it for resources in the past. Anyway, I have open carried in the Break Time here in Savannah for well over a year with no issues, today before coming to work one of the employees told me I would have to leave my gun in the car from now on. She told me she had asked their corporate on gun carry in their stores and said it wasn't allowed. Earlier this week she had asked me why I carry a gun and I answered I carry for protection and it's my 2A right. I tod her I have a hard time trusting people and she just looked at me with a disgusted look on her face and said "OK.". Let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

Jim40Cal

Hello, I am new to this site although I have used it for resources in the past. Anyway, I have open carried in the Break Time here in Savannah for well over a year with no issues, today before coming to work one of the employees told me I would have to leave my gun in the car from now on. She told me she had asked their corporate on gun carry in their stores and said it wasn't allowed. Earlier this week she had asked me why I carry a gun and I answered I carry for protection and it's my 2A right. I tod her I have a hard time trusting people and she just looked at me with a disgusted look on her face and said "OK.". Let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

If they do not allow it then they need to put a sign up. I would thank them and explain your money goes where you go and you'll be shopping someplace else.

Redbaron007

Thank you guys for the replys. I will not be doing business there any longer.

Where they putting up a sign because of your patronizing the joint? I'd run by there again to see if one is up. Also, I'd contact their 'corporate office' and find out for sure the policy. You could have a rogue manager/clerk making decisions they shouldn't be.

Good luck!

Cody762

Where they putting up a sign because of your patronizing the joint? I'd run by there again to see if one is up. Also, I'd contact their 'corporate office' and find out for sure the policy. You could have a rogue manager/clerk making decisions they shouldn't be.

Good luck!

I drove by and they still have not posted a sign. I will be calling their office tomorrow.

BOOMcat12B

I have gone into multiple Break Times all across Mid MO and I have never had a problem at any of them... Just ran a quick search on their web page and could find anything on their stance on carrying either OC or CC.... I would msg them but I have to head to work shortly... If you or anyone else shoots them a quick E-mail please post it up, otherwise I will shoot them an Email tonight.

Last edited:

Cody762

Well I finally sent their corporate an email and here is what they said: Hi Cody - we do not allow weapons in our stores with exception to law enforcement. **This policy has been in effect for years so the store should have asked long before now.

Sorry for the inconvenience for you.

Jackie Maxwel

Jim40Cal

Went to Everythings a Dollar (23rd & 291 Independence) Sat where I met two guys that want to join us at our meetings. Also went to Kmart(291 & 24 hiway). Nothing in either place as usual. One of the guys I met at Everythings a Dollar said a Indep cop told him he could open carry his weapon as long as it was empty? I told him that was B.S. and have a letter from the city attorney to prove it...

Cody762

Went to Everythings a Dollar (23rd & 291 Independence) Sat where I met two guys that want to join us at our meetings. Also went to Kmart(291 & 24 hiway). Nothing in either place as usual. One of the guys I met at Everythings a Dollar said a Indep cop told him he could open carry his weapon as long as it was empty? I told him that was B.S. and have a letter from the city attorney to prove it...

I don't know if I should email back and tell them they should keep their stores posted if they do not wish for law abiding citizens in their stores or just leave it alone? I have open carried in Independence once before when my wife and I went out to eat at Joe's Crab Shack and not a word was said to me, even had a 45 minute wait outside.

VinnAY

It seems that the place is DOA for weapons and any more interaction you're either trepassing if you go there, or just ******* them off/not winning them over, with continued contact.

Cody762

It seems that the place is DOA for weapons and any more interaction you're either trepassing if you go there, or just ******* them off/not winning them over, with continued contact.

Yeah I hear you, I am just going to drop it, not send another email and continue going elsewhere for my convenience store needs.