• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marine gets turned away from voting because of OC'ing

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Statement from Attorney Guy Relford regarding the disposition of (my brother) CCE1302's lawsuit:
Congratulations to Clay on the successful resolution of this litigation. Because he stood his ground and defended his Constitutional rights, poll workers across the state have been reeducated and Indiana gun owners are much less likely to have their rights infringed at the polls. It was my honor and privilege to represent Capt. Edinger in this case and I am proud to call him my friend as well.

MI_XD

Way to go Clay! Glad to hear they got some education down there in Indiana! :)

Will this be of any benefit to us here in Michigan? Or, is it only going to affect voters in Indiana?

MI_XD

Haman J.T.

Thank You Clay for once again "Serving" Our Citizens/Nation by "Knowing" Our Rights/Firearm Laws, and Exercising Your 1st/2nd Amendment Rights to "Bear Arms" and "Petition the Government for Redress of Grievences"!!! CARRY ON !!

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Way to go Clay! Glad to hear they got some education down there in Indiana! :)

Will this be of any benefit to us here in Michigan? Or, is it only going to affect voters in Indiana?

MI_XD

no effect on michigan. we have the right to carry while voting. of course, they did in indiana too, it was a matter of rogue, uneducated poll workers and power-tripping wannabe cops. the positive result in indiana is that the state election board re-educated all of their poll workers to ensure this wouldn't happen again.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
it's not my place to disclose that information. if he decides to share further information publicly i'll post it here.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Vote-at-St-Joe-County-polls&highlight=edinger
Post 50 shows a civil suit filed ^^^

And that post #62 ^^ of the same that was posted in this thread here shows that settlement of the civil suit was reached.

Got 5K most likely and he cannot talk about it (most settlement agreements have this clause)

And the opposing party seems very very happy.

If his suit was about $$$ (and I think all suits should be about this) then he is happy with the settlement and he can take that 5K and buy a nice gun.

FreeInAZ

Or he can take the 5k: buy approximately 33 hi-point pistols and gift them to friends and family and have them all show up to vote at the same time he does. :D. I'd pay good money to see the look on the faces of poll workers at his particular polling place.

Bottom line - HE SCHOOLED them. A huge thumbs up to him! :thumbup:

Haman J.T.

no effect on michigan. we have the right to carry while voting. of course, they did in indiana too, it was a matter of rogue, uneducated poll workers and power-tripping wannabe cops. the positive result in indiana is that the state election board re-educated all of their poll workers to ensure this wouldn't happen again.
Every time We take Our "Grievences/Violations" to FED Court, it becomes "Recorded" And Does Help All States in Our Lawfull Fight to Protect Our Rights And Repeal Bad Law! Every time We make Our Fight "Public/Courts" it helps "Educate" Our Fellow Citizens! You Bet It Helps!! CARRY ON!

davidmcbeth

Banned
his settlement does not have any non-disclosure clause. being a man of principle, he would have refused any such restrictions if they tried to force it on him.

Thanks for the information of: a) that a settlement was indeed reached and b) that a non-disclosure of its terms was not part of the settlement.

So why not provide the public with the terms of the settlement? It would aid people in similar circumstances to understand what terms that a gov't may easily accept from such a suit; then people would know if a suit is going to produce a desired result or that such a suit would be a money and time drain from the potential plaintiffs?

Information that would be useful to folks:
1) was the settlement accepted the first formal offer of settlement?
2) were any settlement terms deemed unacceptable to the government?
3) were any settlement offers rejected, what were the terms of the rejected settlement?

I'm sure your brother thought that he filed suit to not only address issues regarding himself but others too (that's nice ~ most folks would not bother). He can further do so in helping others understand the process that he experienced.

I did not see their answer to the suit posted anywhere .. wondering if they argued any election law in it..I could see an argument about possible intimidation of voters being plead..any chance of posting their answer and any special/affirmative defenses?

Great to see people sticking it to the man ! Keep up the good work.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Here is what he posted on the INGO forum:

Lawsuit was settled out of court.

Plaintiff is happy with the result.

Election workers were retrained.

County police and fire employees educated.

Cash in pocket.

Law upheld.

FreeInAZ

I don't know, but I would not have cared about training.

Training is key! Some police - not all, are of the "dog" mentality, even though the training will go in one ear & out the other, the next time they see lawful OC they will 'flashback' to having to suffer through the training & want to avoid it. This applies to all GUBERment employees. Let a dog do whatever it wants expect mayhem in most cases. Make mayhem less appealing expect slightly better behavior....baby steps are better than no steps IMHO. :D

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Great to see people sticking it to the man ! Keep up the good work.

I do not see it this way. IMHO this is not productive.

Lawsuit was settled out of court.
Plaintiff is happy with the result.
Election workers were retrained.
County police and fire employees educated.
Cash in pocket.

Law upheld.

This is Citizenship. You took action, you have improved the knowledge and safety in your Community. You seem to have had a good time doing it(Citizenship IS a Verb) and you did not allow what is right to be trampled. Bravo Mate!

davidmcbeth

Banned
I do not see it this way. IMHO this is not productive.

This is Citizenship. You took action, you have improved the knowledge and safety in your Community. You seem to have had a good time doing it(Citizenship IS a Verb) and you did not allow what is right to be trampled. Bravo Mate!

His rights were trampled .. he did not vote. I would agree that what he got out of the suit was not productive. At all.