• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let me get this straight.

gunslinger493

I will be moving to Arizona this coming week. I plan to arrive on the 17th.
I have a South Carolina CWP which is valid for about 4 more years.

As I understand it, once I cross the state line, I can carry either openly or concealed with my SC CWP.

Maybe I am just having pre open carry jitters, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for any and all advice.

TOF

You have it correct. The only caution necessary is that Indian Reservations may be in Arizona but have their own gun laws. Depending on where you enter the state by vehicle you may find yourself on a reservation. They will not hassel you traveling on the Interstates but if you get off to shop or look around things change.

Phoenix David

Open Carry in Arizona is not prohibited and no permit is required, there are some limitations/restrictions and you would want to be aware of them.

Arizona has what's been called Constitutional Carry where no permit is required for persons over 21 years of age that are legally allowed to posses firearms, there are some limitations and restrictions which you will want to be aware of.

Arizona also recognizes all permits from other states, but there are limitations and restriction on the permits that you will want to be aware of.

Some information can be found here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf but the only advice you should take over the internet is to not take any advice over the internet and to verify things for yourself.

Last edited:

Dahwg

Just to clarify constitutional carry, there is no permit required to CC or OC- however you wish. A restaurant that serves alcohol MUST post no Weapons if it wants to restrict you, otherwise you can cc with a CWP. Otherwise the CWP is not needed to CC if you are over 21.

March Hare

Just to clarify constitutional carry, there is no permit required to CC or OC- however you wish. A restaurant that serves alcohol MUST post no Weapons if it wants to restrict you, otherwise you can cc with a CWP. Otherwise the CWP is not needed to CC if you are over 21.

A little more on restaurant rules:

If you carry into an establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on site, even if not posted, you must have a concealed carry permit, the firearm must remain concealed and you can not consume alcohol.

-MH

Last edited: