Thread: Carrying someone else's gun

Carrying someone else's gun

Hi again! My ma wanted me to ask this, cause she wants to make sure my proposal is legal, lol...

Long story short is, I'd like to be able to defend us with a firearm when we are out, but I am only 18, and thus, cannot take a gun in a car (except from store to house and house to shop etc. of course, but that's irrelevant). As an alternative to taking a rifle and carrying it across my back (sure to draw trouble, lol), I had the thought: My ma could get an LTCF and carry it in her purse. I could wear a holster, and she could secure it for me, legally carrying it as my parent and a license holder, and upon exiting the vehicle, she could transfer it to me. The question she had is, is it legal to carry someone else's gun, and so I promised I'd ask here. Thanks!

1. don't seek legal advice via the internet.

2. if you want help finding relevant laws you should post in the state specific sections as laws vary greatly by state.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

ripley wv
    Daylen gave you good advice, go to your state forumandask there. Here in WV tho you are not old enough to buy a handgun but you are old enough to carry it openly, the laws can very greatly from state to state. Also make sure you have had proper training in gun safety before straping on a weapon.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless