• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying someone else's gun

derhammer

Hi again! My ma wanted me to ask this, cause she wants to make sure my proposal is legal, lol...

Long story short is, I'd like to be able to defend us with a firearm when we are out, but I am only 18, and thus, cannot take a gun in a car (except from store to house and house to shop etc. of course, but that's irrelevant). As an alternative to taking a rifle and carrying it across my back (sure to draw trouble, lol), I had the thought: My ma could get an LTCF and carry it in her purse. I could wear a holster, and she could secure it for me, legally carrying it as my parent and a license holder, and upon exiting the vehicle, she could transfer it to me. The question she had is, is it legal to carry someone else's gun, and so I promised I'd ask here. Thanks! :)

-derhammer

Daylen

1. don't seek legal advice via the internet.

2. if you want help finding relevant laws you should post in the state specific sections as laws vary greatly by state.

eamelhorn

Daylen gave you good advice, go to your state forumandask there. Here in WV tho you are not old enough to buy a handgun but you are old enough to carry it openly, the laws can very greatly from state to state. Also make sure you have had proper training in gun safety before straping on a weapon.