Thread: Memorial Day 2012-National Open Carry Day

Memorial Day 2012-National Open Carry Day

On this Memorial Day, join other Patriots in support of our 2nd Amendment rights. Honor those who have served this great country & those who have given their lives defending our rights. Openly carry your firearm this Memorial Day & exercise your God given right to do so. In states or municipalities that do not allow open carry, then make yard signs & flyers. If you know business owners, ask to display flyers at their business. If you own a business, offer a discount for those who open carry into your business. Do whatever you can to promote & spread this event if you cannot carry openly. Tell your friends, form committees, etc. But no matter what, do everything legal. Follow all laws for your state or municipality. Show those in power that our 2nd Amendment rights will not be denied anymore & they will not be infringed upon. Show that we are a force to be reckoned with. We are True Americans & we know our rights. And by God we will defend each of them. Make this a Natioanal Event that will make the Occupy & TEA Party events fail in comparison. There will be Open Carry Days each month of 2012. The next dates will be announced in days to come. Let's make a statement & make it far & wide. But remember, follow all laws. And if stopped by authorities, always comply with the officer. The only response needed as to why is that you are exercising your 2nd Amendment rights. For ideas on signs & flyers, images & drafts will be downloaded here shortly so check back often. If you are unsure of the open carry laws in your state or municipality, google open carry laws or contact your nearest State Police or Highway Patrol station or contact your local Police or Sheriff's Department.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/226388727472035/

http://www.facebook.com/events/224735484295956/

Remember Memorial Day for what it means.

[deleted]
    Last edited by PWC_Glock; 05-13-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: not feeding troll

Who are you? Where have you been all these years? And since I do not participate in Facepage or Yourspace or any other social media why are you suddenly coming out of the woodwork and trying to make Memorial Day into an OC-specific event?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Every day is OC day for me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Every day is OC day for me.
    Me, too. But I don't try to co-opt some holiday to make the point.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    My bad I meant to reply to the OP's post and echo your sentiment.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sf18d04 View Post
    If you are unsure of the open carry laws in your state or municipality, google open carry laws or contact your nearest State Police or Highway Patrol station or contact your local Police or Sheriff's Department.

Quote Originally Posted by sf18d04 View Post
    snip.....
    But remember, follow all laws. And if stopped by authorities, always comply with the officer. The only response needed as to why is that you are exercising your 2nd Amendment rights. For ideas on signs & flyers, images & drafts will be downloaded here shortly so check back often. If you are unsure of the open carry laws in your state or municipality, google open carry laws or contact your nearest State Police or Highway Patrol station or contact your local Police or Sheriff's Department.

/
    Interesting advice......
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    Strange that on his first post he tries to organize a nationwide event. There is no reason to run roughshod over Memorial Day.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Comply with officers?!?!

Ask the cops for gun advice?!?!

You gotta be kidding me. And as others have said, every day is OC day for me, regardless of what holiday it is. Instead of trying to get people to support bearing arms for one day, why don't we get them to for 365 days?
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

I'm in Texas right now, so it will be a CC Memorial day. But Tuesday when I cross the state line into New Mexico, it will be OC all the way back home to Washington State.

And what's with this 'comply with officer's' and ask them for advice cr&p? Obviously the OP hasn't read much on these forums.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Rather disappointing.

No, it is not "National Open Carry Day" nor is it "National Concealed Carry Day". It is Memorial Day. It is a day we are supposed to remember those who served who are no longer with us.

I consider myself to have been very fortunate to have known or served with many such. Tomorrow, I may open carry, but sometime during the day, I will raise a glass and give the old, old toast, "Those we left behind."

That is what tomorrow is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Rather disappointing.

No, it is not "National Open Carry Day" nor is it "National Concealed Carry Day". It is Memorial Day. It is a day we are supposed to remember those who served who are no longer with us.

I consider myself to have been very fortunate to have known or served with many such. Tomorrow, I may open carry, but sometime during the day, I will raise a glass and give the old, old toast, "Those we left behind."

That is what tomorrow is all about.
    I'm with you. I may happen to be OCing, along with whatever other activity I choose. But it shouldn't be considered any National whatever day other than what it is. Some days you just don't mess with. Id be happy to celebrate "National OC Day" pretty much any other date of the year.
    watch your top knot !

As others have said, every day is OC day. Today is Memorial Day. This day is to remember all of those that have died for our rights and freedoms. To call it anything else is unamerican. I fully support a National OC day every month. However, that day should not be on any national holiday. Otherwise, our message will be lost and misunderstood. Just MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk