• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Memorial Day 2012-National Open Carry Day

sf18d04

On this Memorial Day, join other Patriots in support of our 2nd Amendment rights. Honor those who have served this great country & those who have given their lives defending our rights. Openly carry your firearm this Memorial Day & exercise your God given right to do so. In states or municipalities that do not allow open carry, then make yard signs & flyers. If you know business owners, ask to display flyers at their business. If you own a business, offer a discount for those who open carry into your business. Do whatever you can to promote & spread this event if you cannot carry openly. Tell your friends, form committees, etc. But no matter what, do everything legal. Follow all laws for your state or municipality. Show those in power that our 2nd Amendment rights will not be denied anymore & they will not be infringed upon. Show that we are a force to be reckoned with. We are True Americans & we know our rights. And by God we will defend each of them. Make this a Natioanal Event that will make the Occupy & TEA Party events fail in comparison. There will be Open Carry Days each month of 2012. The next dates will be announced in days to come. Let's make a statement & make it far & wide. But remember, follow all laws. And if stopped by authorities, always comply with the officer. The only response needed as to why is that you are exercising your 2nd Amendment rights. For ideas on signs & flyers, images & drafts will be downloaded here shortly so check back often. If you are unsure of the open carry laws in your state or municipality, google open carry laws or contact your nearest State Police or Highway Patrol station or contact your local Police or Sheriff's Department.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/226388727472035/

http://www.facebook.com/events/224735484295956/

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Who are you? Where have you been all these years? And since I do not participate in Facepage or Yourspace or any other social media why are you suddenly coming out of the woodwork and trying to make Memorial Day into an OC-specific event?

stay safe.

jbone

If you are unsure of the open carry laws in your state or municipality, google open carry laws or contact your nearest State Police or Highway Patrol station or contact your local Police or Sheriff's Department.
:banana:

Redbaron007

snip.....
But remember, follow all laws. And if stopped by authorities, always comply with the officer. The only response needed as to why is that you are exercising your 2nd Amendment rights. For ideas on signs & flyers, images & drafts will be downloaded here shortly so check back often. If you are unsure of the open carry laws in your state or municipality, google open carry laws or contact your nearest State Police or Highway Patrol station or contact your local Police or Sheriff's Department.

/

Interesting advice......:eek:

HighFlyingA380

Comply with officers?!?! :banghead:

Ask the cops for gun advice?!?! :banghead: :banghead:

You gotta be kidding me. And as others have said, every day is OC day for me, regardless of what holiday it is. Instead of trying to get people to support bearing arms for one day, why don't we get them to for 365 days?

ak56

Campaign Veteran
I'm in Texas right now, so it will be a CC Memorial day. But Tuesday when I cross the state line into New Mexico, it will be OC all the way back home to Washington State.

And what's with this 'comply with officer's' and ask them for advice cr&p? Obviously the OP hasn't read much on these forums.

SFCRetired

Rather disappointing.

No, it is not "National Open Carry Day" nor is it "National Concealed Carry Day". It is Memorial Day. It is a day we are supposed to remember those who served who are no longer with us.

I consider myself to have been very fortunate to have known or served with many such. Tomorrow, I may open carry, but sometime during the day, I will raise a glass and give the old, old toast, "Those we left behind."

That is what tomorrow is all about.

hjmoosejaw

Rather disappointing.

No, it is not "National Open Carry Day" nor is it "National Concealed Carry Day". It is Memorial Day. It is a day we are supposed to remember those who served who are no longer with us.

I consider myself to have been very fortunate to have known or served with many such. Tomorrow, I may open carry, but sometime during the day, I will raise a glass and give the old, old toast, "Those we left behind."

That is what tomorrow is all about.

I'm with you. I may happen to be OCing, along with whatever other activity I choose. But it shouldn't be considered any National whatever day other than what it is. Some days you just don't mess with. Id be happy to celebrate "National OC Day" pretty much any other date of the year.

Irish.40

As others have said, every day is OC day. Today is Memorial Day. This day is to remember all of those that have died for our rights and freedoms. To call it anything else is unamerican. I fully support a National OC day every month. However, that day should not be on any national holiday. Otherwise, our message will be lost and misunderstood. Just MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk