• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why jews hate guns

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
hey guys one of my fascinations of life was, 'why did so many Jews walk into the gas chambers and didn't fight back. thousands of Jews to the few that herded them seemed to me to be lopsided. it wasn't till in the last couple of years that i heard of the Jewish resistant of the Nazi genocide. it has seemed to me that there is a lot of Jews (especially in the north east) in the antis , or hopolophobies.

nothing about promoting religion. it's just a question of why.

papa bear -- since OCDO is so strict about forum content, you might want to move this topic to www.gunfolks.com. The owner is from SC and runs a relatively loose, light-hearted and enjoyable forum.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I think this thread has pretty much would itself down already. So my comments are more to clarify than to provoke further discussion.

JPFO and Mr. Korwin have an admitted agenda regarding American Judaism and gun control. It is difficult to pin American Judaism down as a single entity - in some ways they are more diverse and splintered than any other religion, and my limited experience is that the more orthodox they claim to be the more splintered they are. (I could be wrong.) But the point is that the popular perception is that American Judaism is in favor of gun control. JPFO, given the personal and philosophical history of both its founder and current head, has, to use a crude descriptive phrase, a "hard on" for the apparent hypocracy that stance presents. Yes, there is an awful lot that stands behind the notion of gun control expressed by American Judaism and this is not the place to delve into it.

Their white paper was not intended, as far as I can determine, to be a scholarly exposition nor a detailed report of research. It was, as far as I can determine, agit-propoganda. It seems to have achieved it's goal.

My point was that, like those who are being accused of supporting gun control for what appear to be irrational reasons, some were responding on an emotional ("feelings") level. While one can and may "feel offended" there is no way I know of for someone to actually "offend" another person. The antis have regularly put forward the notion that they have a "right" to not be offended. For me that creates a special connotation to the use of the term.

stay safe.

gunns

Actually I don't care about this posting and find it distasteful. Someone Anti-Gun is someone I don't like, don't care what religion, no religion, political affiliation or what, they are not my friend and I will work against them.

Gil223

Shalom aleichem... unless you threaten me

The "American Jews" that I have known are by-and-large essentially peaceful people. I believe (don't quote me on this, because I have no stats to back me up - it's just my belief) that the majority of American Jews are either survivors who escaped Nazi Germany, the pogroms of Russia, or they are the descendants of holocaust survivors. Given their history since biblical times, I find their aversion to being surrounded by armed people understandable, even though I don't agree with it. There are also many American Jews who (as do their brethren in Israel) see the possession and bearing of arms as a birthright, just as there are many Americans of all religious and ethnic backgrounds who wish to eliminate the Second Amendment, including the delusional native-born Americans. The American Jew seems to be less "militant" (for lack of a better word) than the Israeli Jew. Is there a question in anyone's mind that the Israeli's are among the most peaceful of people, yet they are some of the fiercest warriors on Earth when provoked? What then, is the difference between the Israeli and the American Jew? The American Jew is the product of a faith that has in some ways been culturally "watered-down", perhaps in an effort to not be summarily rejected by the "goyim" (that's those of us who are not Jewish - the "gentiles"). The American Jew has also not lived in a country that has been under frequent attack since 1948, and perhaps has a diminished "survival instinct".

Most Jews, even the young ones, are familiar with the story of Masada and the Zealots. That is their history, and that was when their nation was taken from them by the Romans. I believe that most American Jews support 2A - especially those of the JPFO. Pax...

Last edited:

papa bear

papa bear, sorry but am afraid that fasination shall go unfulfilled by this poster as it has no bearing to the discussion at hand and is, IMHO, not germane to this forum's mandate.

wabbit

papa bear -- since OCDO is so strict about forum content, you might want to move this topic to www.gunfolks.com. The owner is from SC and runs a relatively loose, light-hearted and enjoyable forum.

i don't understand the misgivings. as a forum, the OCDO is (to my understanding) to promote gun carry. if that is the case, then you should understand the mentality of those that oppose it. the anti's that oppose may not be the majority of any given group , but they might be the squeaky minority of a group. please, if you have anything to contribute do continue

For those of you unfamiliar with the candor and solid-brass-brass-ballsiness that JPFO displays in their media approach, check out their "Free Flyers" page. This is what gets them in trouble all the time--for telling the TRUTH...

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/freebies.htm

good one DREAMER

BTW you may also want to check out their videos, "no guns for Jews" and "no gun for Negroes"

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
My experience with American Jews, atheist or devout, is that most either escaped to here before the holocaust or through the flames. As a result, they were the defenseless ones rounded up by gun-toting bad guys. They equate guns=bad.

Meanwhile, Israeli Jews have a very different point of view, even though many of them came from the same background. Instead of moving to nice, safe America, however, they moved back to their homeland, which they then had to defend. They learned the hard way the value of being armed, the same as did our American Founding Fathers.

Makes sense?

The "American Jews" that I have known are by-and-large essentially peaceful people. I believe (don't quote me on this, because I have no stats to back me up - it's just my belief) that the majority of American Jews are either survivors who escaped Nazi Germany, the pogroms of Russia, or they are the descendants of holocaust survivors. Given their history since biblical times, I find their aversion to being surrounded by armed people understandable, even though I don't agree with it. There are also many American Jews who (as do their brethren in Israel) see the possession and bearing of arms as a birthright, just as there are many Americans of all religious and ethnic backgrounds who wish to eliminate the Second Amendment, including the delusional native-born Americans. The American Jew seems to be less "militant" (for lack of a better word) than the Israeli Jew. Is there a question in anyone's mind that the Israeli's are among the most peaceful of people, yet they are some of the fiercest warriors on Earth when provoked? What then, is the difference between the Israeli and the American Jew? The American Jew is the product of a faith that has in some ways been culturally "watered-down", perhaps in an effort to not be summarily rejected by the "goyim" (that's those of us who are not Jewish - the "gentiles"). The American Jew has also not lived in a country that has been under frequent attack since 1948, and perhaps has a diminished "survival instinct".

Ah! Makes sense. :)

Last edited:

Sig229

Two of my best friends served in the IDF (Golani Brigade) and the other Jewish friends I have , except for one are very pro gun.

Now I have met plenty of super left wing Jews (not my friends) who are anti-gun. But they often have no reason for it.
They just "feel guns are baaaaad".

"If every Jew had a twenty-two" the holocaust wouldn't have happened. And many of them understand that.

There's a huge difference between gun politics between the Israeli jews and the western or American jews for the most part.

XD40coyote

The authors are not refering to the Shomrim group in Baltimore, but to the tradition of a "watcher". It sounds like the jewish "sheepdog" to me. One could say those of use here at OCDO who identify as a sheepdog are all Shomrim wether jew, christian, buddhist, or atheist. And yes a buddhist. Check the Dali Lama's comments on self defense.

One time I wore a t-shirt that said "born again pagan", and someone got upset since the first thing they thought of was the Pagans outlaw MC. Nope, that's not what the saying on the shirt was refering to! The word "pagan" goes way back and it's real meaning has nothing to do with outlaw bikers any more than it has to do with evil sinners and satan.

Mark 1911

My first impression while reading this is that it had better be written by Jew or else someone is going to be eaten alive! I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw at the bottom that it was.

I come from a Jewish mother and a Catholic father, so half of my family is Jewish. I can only speak from my experience with own family, but it is probably somewhat of a typical cross-section, some being more devout, others not so much. None of the Jews in my family are pro-gun, and some of them are very anti-gun. Most of them are strong Obama supporters too, which I find very hard to understand. But I think it has less do with being Jewish than it has to do with living in strongly Democratic population centers like Chicago and New York. By the same token, most of my Catholic relatives are Catholic in name only are not that different in their political views than my Jewish relatives, and most of them live in the same areas. The Catholics I know who are devout, including myself, see Obama as a very dangerous threat not only to our 2nd Amendment rights, but also to our 1st Amendment rights. I can not find the words to describe how insulted and offended I am by Obama. But that I have started to OC since Obamacare has been forced upon us speaks volumes more than I can articulate in words.