Thread: acouple questions about OC/LCC in california

acouple questions about OC/LCC in california

Hey how's it going guys/gals I'm new to the website and just recently turned 21 and purchased firearm. That being said I'm from hanford/lemoore,ca and I do a lot of fishing I was just wondering if it was legal for me to LOC/LCC I do not have a ccw and just want to get some more knowledge on rules and regulations.

Thanks in advance,
    -Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 8ur civic View Post
    Hey how's it going guys/gals I'm new to the website and just recently turned 21 and purchased firearm. That being said I'm from hanford/lemoore,ca and I do a lot of fishing I was just wondering if it was legal for me to LOC/LCC I do not have a ccw and just want to get some more knowledge on rules and regulations.

Thanks in advance,
    -Tony
    Generally, no.
    Specifically, it depends.

You will have to first do some reading- and you will need to determine if loaded open carry is still legal. LUCC on the other hand, is tip toeing into the fog of legal vagueries.
    Last edited by ConditionThree; 05-13-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Activist Member
    however that luxury won't be available for long, so it is wise just to treat all firearms the same from now on.
    Until AB1527 passes you can still carry openly or concealed an unloaded long gun in most places, so if you have a suitable long gun that can be carried easily openly or concealed there is no reason not to do it now. Come January 1, 2013 however, and I doubt it will be legal though since the Assembly voted to ban carry of long guns 40-28 and I don't imagine the Senate will have much opposition either.

However, in a couple of years when California files for bankruptcy, perhaps the United States will take away California's sovereignty as a state and make it into a big federal territory... repealing every state law in the process, making it one big constitutional carry slab. Since California politicians care not about their budget and are only concerned with occupying their time finding new ways to regulate and criminalize their citizens, it seems they are too incompetent to be allowed to continue their jobs if it has to be paid for by the other 49 states.