• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry @ Courthouse, Jail, & Schools

aadvark

TechStuffBC:

Idaho Code 33-3302C ONLY Aplies to and Effects Concealed Carry at: 1. Courts, 2. Jails/Prisons, AND 3. Schools.

Idaho Code 33-3302D Prohibits Firearms, Generally, ONLY on School Property or in School Buildings.

There Appears to be NO Law Governing Open Carry at ANY Place in Idaho other than School Property.

aadvark

bowb

Not sure about other county courthouses or the supreme court, Bannock county has metal detectors and locked doors. You get searched before you can enter.
I have also wondered about the school exception, I would like to see the entire school law challenged but I need to be more richer first.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

carracer

Canyon County DMV is not on "Courthouse" property. It is on its own lot about 4 miles from the courthouse. Since it used to be inside the courthouse the judge declared it still courthouse property thereby prohibiting carry of any kind.