Thread: has the state of emergency been dropped by the govoner

has the state of emergency been dropped by the govoner

during the snows last month the govoner posted a state of emergency. it takes the state a while to usually drop it. i might have read the laws wrong, but i thought there was no OC during a posted emergency? but maybe it was dropped by now. any info, or http will be appreciated.

I believe a declared SoE is in effect for 90 days unless it is either extended or terminated.

The one initiated on 4/23/12 has been terminated on May 10th.

At the following link, the topmost .PDFs are the most recent...

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...lamations/4725

You may want to bookmark that link.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by richp View Post
    the govoner

I hope English is your second language. The anti's try to present gun rights advocates as retarded inbred hicks; we do not need to provide fodder.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by richp View Post
    i might have read the laws wrong, but i thought there was no OC during a posted emergency?
    18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 6107(a) prohibits OC on public streets and public property during a state of emergency, with exceptions for persons "actively engaged" in self-defense and persons licensed to carry firearms or authorized to carry without a license. A violation of this statute is a misdemeanor of the first degree, 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 6119, which is punishable by up to 5 years in prison, 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 1104, which results in a lifetime disqualification from possessing firearms under federal law unless the person receives a pardon or expungement, see 18 U.S.C. §§ 921(a)(20) and 922(g)(1).
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I hope English is your second language. The anti's try to present gun rights advocates as retarded inbred hicks; we do not need to provide fodder.
    Says the man utilizing improper punctuation. Pffft.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I think you mean to type, "The antis try to present gun rights advocates as retarded inbred hicks."

Also, there was no reason to be an @$$hole to the OP, unless you just enjoy being an @$$hole to people for no good reason.
    Givin' up the tactical advantage since 2008.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ