Thread: OC holster for kel-tec p-3at .380 with 9+1 extended magazine

Activist Member

OC holster for kel-tec p-3at .380 with 9+1 extended magazine

Hello OCDO I am looking for an OC holster for my .380, preferably OWB at 9, 11, 1, or 3 o clock position. A leg drop holster would be fine as well, as long as its clearly visible. I'm spending the summer in Ohio and I'm 19 (out of state) and can't cc but I'm having a very hard time finding anything but iwb/pocket holster. Budget is ~$50
    NEEDS TO HAVE A LEFT HANDED MODEL.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jake8x7; 05-16-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Activist Member
    Please post of you own any/come across any online. I need something with retention, not just some holster made for right side IWB that's clipped openly on the left side...

Here is what I used to openly carry my P3AT. The thumb snap provides a little retention:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/desantis...027tar7z0.html

Back before I had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, and depending on what state I was in, I used this holster to openly carry my backup gun (Keltec P3AT, now replaced by a Sig 238) on my left hip. I angled it to be in a crossdraw position which was made possible by angling the holster to snap it to my belt AND belt loop. I carried my primary gun on right hip.

Now, since I have one of those stupid permission slips from the government (SC Concealed Weapons Permit), I carry my primary openly, when legal, and my backup concealed.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8x7 View Post
    Hello OCDO I am looking for an OC holster for my .380, preferably OWB at 9, 11, 1, or 3 o clock position. A leg drop holster would be fine as well, as long as its clearly visible. I'm spending the summer in Ohio and I'm 19 (out of state) and can't cc but I'm having a very hard time finding anything but iwb/pocket holster. Budget is ~$50

www.itacdefense.com try them I got my girlfriend's Ruger LCP oc holster from them. It looks like the Blackhawk Serpa, but it holds an extra mag.

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by r1dramma; 05-14-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Click for a pic

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=77895

Quote Originally Posted by r1dramma View Post
    www.itacdefense.com try them I got my girlfriend's Ruger LCP oc holster from them. It looks like the Blackhawk Serpa, but it holds an extra mag.

Nice! I would have never guessed someone would make a real "push-button" retention holster for a P3AT.

To the OP, I would get the ITAC one.

I bought her that holster 2yrs ago and so far so good, no problems wht so ever!
    I'm a little ocd and i found that the extra mag holder wasn't holding the mag tight enough for me, but like i said I'm a little ocd about stuff and it wasn't anything that a lil piece of self stick velcro ( the fuzzy side) couldn't fix!

Activist Member
    I forgot to add that I need a left handed version. Hence why I'm having such a hard time finding one. Thanks for the help everyone. I'm still looking.

Jake8x7

If you have to, you can fabricate one. I made this one for my Sig for an out the door price of less than 20 bucks using a surplus model 10 S&W flap holster, nuts and bolts, hockey tape, shoe goo, para cord and maybe a few other things. You could modify an old and used flap holster in the same manner, but for your gun, and get the same results.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1255991624
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-17-2012 at 10:54 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

A friend of mine said that he had one of these for his keltec size 1, that's how he oc'd his.
    He is left hand, the holster is ambidextrous.

http://www.holsterss.com/servlet/the...olsters/Detail

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1337310752932.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	8464  
    Last edited by r1dramma; 05-17-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    If you have to, you can fabricate one. I made this one for my Sig for an out the door price of less than 20 bucks using a surplus model 10 S&W flap holster, nuts and bolts, hockey tape, shoe goo, para cord and maybe a few other things. You could modify an old and used flap holster in the same manner, but for your gun, and get the same results.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...g?t=1255991624
    Nice lol. I make all my own as well. But entirely of leather. Retention being of a snap, when I use it. Nice work though.

Thanks. I made that to get more retention than my snap holsters. The need for a deliberate twisting action was of course a 60's and 70's (maybe earlier? I'm only in my mid 20's) answer to the need for retention.

The old mechanisms still work, and can be had cheaply. The twisty release mechanism makes for a legit level 2 holster, whereas the snap is a level 1. Plus, adjustment to the bolts can offer further retention by making it harder to draw.

Of course, Safariland's modern systems are far superior (which is what I use now and suggest), but they'll likely never make a retention rig for a gun that small.
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-19-2012 at 12:35 AM.