Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North marysville albertsons

North marysville albertsons

I went grocery shopping at the North Marysville Albertsons today. I shop there quite frequently. I have never had any issues with OC there. When I got done paying for my stuff the manager was walking by with a till in her hand. She stopped and looked at me.

MANAGER: "I just gotta ask. Are you a cop or do you just carry that around?"
    Me: "No I'm not a cop. I'm a Law abiding Citizen who carries for self defense. What would it matter if I was a cop anyways? It's perfectly legal to OC in WA."
    MAN: " Well I don't feel comfortable with you carrying that in this store. Please do not come back in here with it."
    ME: " Ok ma'am if that's the case then I will not be coming back in here again. You're losing a costumer who spends 100's of dollars a month here." Have a good day."

I have written to the Albertsons Costumer Service email that was on the website. I informed them that I will not be shopping there anymore until I get a reply back on what ever their solution is. I also told them that I know of others carriers who shop there that I will be informing not to shop there anymore because the manager is uncomfortable with it.

So don't shop at Albertsons. They are not OC friendly. I will let everyone know when I get a response.

That's too bad. I OCd at albertsons in federal way today. I got nary a glance. I'm thinking it was just a paranoid manager.

I know it was. But still not shopping there until i get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    That's too bad. I OCd at albertsons in federal way today. I got nary a glance. I'm thinking it was just a paranoid manager.
    I OC in the Federal Way Albertson's often. I have OCd in the Albertsons in Vancouver, where the Kirby incident occurred. I have many friends who work at Albertsons. I would think that a follow up letter to the HQ will correct the managers attitude. Also, being a Sunday it is unlikely that this was NOT the store director, but rather a key person.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 05-14-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I OC in the Federal Way Albertson's often. I have OCd in the Albertsons in Vancouver, where the Kirby incident occurred. I have many friends who work at Albertsons. I would think that a follow up letter to the HQ will correct the managers attitude. Also, being a Sunday it is unlikely that this was the store director, but rather a key person.
    This is right and what I did.

I'm going to the one in Lacey Monday to get the $5.00 lobster tails. Of course I'll be OC'ing. Will report any issue.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Rogue manager.

I've OC'd dozens of times at the Mukilteo & Oak Harbor Albertsons, even been thru the manager's line with barely a comment.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    I shop at that same North Marysville Albertsons. I've never had anyone there say a word, but you can bet i'll be sending them a letter also!

I OC at the auburn/pacific location on A street all the time. No one has ever said anything.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I've OC's in Albertsons , Safeway, and Fred Meyers here in Monroe no problem.

The Safeway in Redmond, Winco in Federal Way, QFC on Novelty hill in Redmond.

Good job in writing the letter. I support your efforts.
    I knew a guy, with 6 children, who used to shop at a safeway (either one in Maryville or Arlington) and was asked to put his gun in his car. He had 3 or 4 shopping carts full of groceries, was told that he could continue shopping after he put gun out in his car, he told the manager that if he went out the doors he was not coming back and was leaving the carts where they were now. The manager told him he didn't want him armed in the store my 'friend' left and had stopped shopping there for years. I understand they got a new manager sometime after that so he started shopping there again.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

You said "Manager". Which "level" manager was he? Seems like Albertson's has 5 or 6 levels of management in every store. Store Manager, Asst, 2nd Asst, etc. Cashier Asst Mgr, and then of course all the "Department Managers". Seems like rather than giving them any more money they just give them a title when they promote.

As for carrying in Albertsons? Whenever I go in there I OC. Mostly I prefer to shop elsewhere because of their prices.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I have never had any problems in B'ham albertsons. Does anyone have a copy of store policy??
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I have never had any problems in B'ham albertsons. Does anyone have a copy of store policy??
    Found this post by NavyLCDR in another thread in a forum search.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Albeartsons corporate office called me on Thursday and said their policy was to follow state law regarding firearms. So at the corporate level there is no prohibition on firearms at Albertsons.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 05-14-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    You said "Manager". Which "level" manager was he? Seems like Albertson's has 5 or 6 levels of management in every store. Store Manager, Asst, 2nd Asst, etc. Cashier Asst Mgr, and then of course all the "Department Managers". Seems like rather than giving them any more money they just give them a title when they promote.

As for carrying in Albertsons? Whenever I go in there I OC. Mostly I prefer to shop elsewhere because of their prices.
    Not sure what manager it was. I just saw the tag that said manager. I was to pissed off. Plus I could tell by her demeanor that I was not going to get anywhere with her. That's why I just said what I said and left.

Originally Posted by NavyLCDR
    Albeartsons corporate office called me on Thursday and said their policy was to follow state law regarding firearms. So at the corporate level there is no prohibition on firearms at Albertsons.

I guess the next time you are in the store you can tell her you have permission to be armed on Albertsons private property, by Albertsons Corporate policy. Cool.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Wow, that's old. Here's more information from that thread:
    Search function works well
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

This is the email I got back from Albertsons. I will post the Store Directors comments when I receive his email.

Dear Brad,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent experience at your local Albertsons store. We value customer feedback and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We would first like to apologize for the inconvenience this negative experience caused you. We strive for continued customer satisfaction and positive shopping experiences for all of our customers. We have forwarded your comments to the Store Director for review and you should receive a response by phone or email within 24 hours. For your records, your case number regarding this matter is 1-2865245904.

Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at 1-877-932-7948.

Sincerely,

Marie R.
    Albertsons Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    This is the email I got back from Albertsons. I will post the Store Directors comments when I receive his email.

Dear Brad,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent experience at your local Albertsons store. We value customer feedback and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We would first like to apologize for the inconvenience this negative experience caused you. We strive for continued customer satisfaction and positive shopping experiences for all of our customers. We have forwarded your comments to the Store Director for review and you should receive a response by phone or email within 24 hours. For your records, your case number regarding this matter is 1-2865245904.

Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at 1-877-932-7948.

Sincerely,

Marie R.
    Albertsons Customer Care
    Sounds like the typical Corporate "Non-Answer Answer".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I have not had to many issues with them. I'm thinking its the "tan" lady manager that you encountered. she always walks around that store like she is upset or has a stick in her rear. Interested in the response.

The Store Director called me this morning. I specified I want this interaction in email, but apparently that's to hard for her. When I explained what happened she told me that she thought that in the state of WA it has to be concealed. I told her she is mistaken and informed her of the laws. So basically she told me after talking for a few minutes that Albertsons does not ban weapons, but they have to be concealed. If they are in the open, her staff has the right to ask you to leave. She's got the out of sight out of mind theory going. I asked her what's the difference? I'm following the law either way. She tried to use safety as an excuse. She said she doesn't want to loose me as a costumer, but that when I come in I put a jacket on to cover it up. I told her I would not do that, especially in this weather. Way to hot for that. She said she was going to do some research on OC in WA. I don't think she is really going to. I even offered to bring some pamplets to her. She said I could if I wanted, but would still prefer I CC. I told her that There are other OCers who shop there all the time and no one has problems with it. I even told her that I spend hundreds of dollars a month there. She didn't seem to care. I will bring her a pamplet later. Not like it it will do much though.

Is she going to ask her daily armored car pickup to conceal? Is she going to as the police to conceal?
    Live Free or Die!

I mentioned that stuff too. She has the mentality that it's different for civilians like so many others do.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    I mentioned that stuff too. She has the mentality that it's different for civilians like so many others do.
    Armored car guards and cops are civilians, too.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    I spend hundreds of dollars per month there. I go there because I prefer their meat Department over the one at Winco across the street even though Winco is cheaper. That store has been bleeding customers to Winco, and they just lost another one.... me!
    Last edited by Right Wing Wacko; 05-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    I spend hundreds of dollars per month there. I go there because I prefer their meat Department over the one at Winco across the street even though Winco is cheaper. That store has been bleeding customers to Winco, and they just lost another one.... me!
    Perhaps you should let them know. In fact, if everyone that has responded in this thread indicating that they never had a problem at that store were to suddenly contact corporate and let them no why you were no longer going to shop there, this might actually make a difference.

Remember, in order for a boycott to work, it has to involve more than 2 or 3 people. Just ask The Brady Bunch
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast