• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downtown KC QT

justin0629

For Me To Know and You To Not Find Out, United Sta
QT Down town Kansas City
Was out driving around sat night seeing some of the creatures that where lurking about 3:30am ish. Me and the woman went to the QT off of main and 44th street to get some of those fantastic ice cream shake things they have...mmm...anyhow, we have been in there a couple times that night with no issues until we were checking out and by the counter stood a sheriff and a KC cop.
The sheriff asks me "do you have a badge"...
me "what do I need a badge for?"
Sheriff "you make people nervous walking around with that"
Me "there is no reason to be nervous"
KC cop "he can ask you (me) a question"
Me "no, I don't have a badge"
Sheriff talking to cashier"you could refuse them service if you want"

Cashier" I'm not refusing him service. They haven't ever given me any problem"

The cashier said something about a CC permit but thought it was for CC. My girl said "That's only if its concealed,its open carried"

We paid for our tasty shakes and told the. Cashier thanks much and told the two LEOs to have a good night and to be safe out there

Richieg150

The sheriff asks me "do you have a badge"...
me "what do I need a badge for?"
Sheriff "you make people nervous walking around with that"
Me "there is no reason to be nervous"
KC cop "he can ask you (me) a question"
Me "no, I don't have a badge"
Sheriff talking to cashier"you could refuse them service if you want"

These are exactly the kind of LEO"S that give all the others a bad rap...They tell you that YOU wearing a firearm is making people nervous.....but THEM wearing one, gives people a sense of blistful peace, so in their highly trained minds, they are the only ones that should carry a firearm, because YOU make people nervous, and ANYONE being nervous trumps any or all rights you have.Then they try and get the cashier to refuse you service.......yes, these two guys, were a real credit to the badge. My guess is they were probably a couple of OLDER LEO"S, most of my negative encounters have been with older, the younger ones get training at the academy( I was told by a new recruit) on Open Carrying, and its legality.

justin0629

For Me To Know and You To Not Find Out, United Sta
Just a small update...

Went in that QTFriday and the cashier apologized to me for the LEOs giving me trouble. I told him about OCDO and told him that yall have tons of great information. he ssid he is a sig fan. So if any one is out late in kc, that QT (well at least the cashier) is very friendly
The only problems iv had is with the older LEOs also. Have another story at wallmart I need to put bc I have not ran across any thing like it on here and have a recording of that encounter

Thanks muchs