1:30-1:35: Intro for John Roshek—BJ

1:35-1:45: John Roshek

1:45-2:00: Element Opie

2:00-2:05 Intro for Doc Thompson- JR

2:05-2:20: Doc Thompson

2:20-2:25: Intro for Larry Pratt—JR

2:25-2:50: Larry Pratt

2:50-3:00: Wrap-up and finish with Element Opie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flyer small.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	8449  
    Last edited by Venator; 05-15-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Special offer - buy a copy of "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" and get a free copy of "Bond of Unseen Blood" Go to http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    IF you can't make it at least post the notice and flyer on your facebook, tweet it and email to all your contacts. Get the word out any way you can.

Weather looks like it will be sunny and 80 on Saturday. A great day to come out and show your support for the 2nd Amendment.
    Special offer - buy a copy of "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" and get a free copy of "Bond of Unseen Blood" Go to http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    IF you can't make it at least post the notice and flyer on your facebook, tweet it and email to all your contacts. Get the word out any way you can.

Weather looks like it will be sunny and 80 on Saturday. A great day to come out and show your support for the 2nd Amendment.
    For those of us not from the Lansing area, could someone please assist with parking locations & rates? I hear it can vary wildly and am trying to save the money for better things.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    For those of us not from the Lansing area, could someone please assist with parking locations & rates? I hear it can vary wildly and am trying to save the money for better things.

Go to This link scroll down and look at maps for parking locations..... http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/

City parking ramp rates. Scroll down to daily. http://www.lansingmi.gov/Lansing/pnd...2_12_16_11.pdf

Meters are free on the weekend, so try and find one. There are a couple of private parking ramps I don't know what they charge.

Question

I need a ride(cannot use wifes car) for me and my WASR! Warren area!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    I need a ride(cannot use wifes car) for me and my WASR! Warren area!
    I think that g9 is setting up shuttles.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...hlight=shuttle
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Anyone from the west side of the state willing to let me ride with? I live in Battle Creek.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Wish I could go, but I have to work in GR till 3:30...

would love to come

would love to come but i dont have any wheels to get there anyone from jackson going??????

I highly doubt parking is going to be an issue... there should be plenty of free meters on capital, and if not, one of the surrounding streets....
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Thanks V & HK for the parking tips. I try to avoid Lansing like the plauge, but this is a special event worthy of me making an exception.

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

If you can't park at any of the red areas shown, then this event is crowded and quite successful and that is a good thing.

The green X is the capital steps if you couldn't figure that out.
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 05-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    If you can't park at any of the red areas shown, than this event is crowded and quite successful and that is a good thing.

The green X is the capital steps if you couldn't figure that out.
    Again thank you HK. Much appreciated as my knowledge of the area is poor at best.

Quote Originally Posted by cabman1 View Post
    would love to come but i dont have any wheels to get there anyone from jackson going??????
    Yeah, I plan to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanaseyr View Post
    Yeah, I plan to be there.
    Can i catch a ride

I even got a new Gun belt for this event. The old one was getting to big.

Cool Remember people we're on a mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjGfnsjdJec

Just remember to welcome the members of Law Enforcement that will be present.

TODAY IS THE DAY. Looks like a great day. Larry Pratt is in town and ready to go. Hope to see all you guys at Noon.....

Talking Yeah Buddy

I will be calling for a taxi shortly!

Anyone from the south west side want to meet up and car pool?
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Cool Cool!

It was awesome to see many new faces & quite a few OC friends from prior gatherings. (This includes the Klingon Warrior known as ONNIE), WARCHILD, Venator, The Q, General Detroit, Joe Car, Small Arms Collector, Michigander, HammanEggs & many others

Lots of good speeches. Lots of MGO folks on hand too. A good time had by all I saw. I call this a good day for gun rights/civil rights in Lansing.

Well done people. Lansing 10 news will run a story tonight
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 05-19-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: News story info

post a link to the news story please
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    It was awesome to see many new faces & quite a few OC friends from prior gatherings. (This includes the Klingon Warrior known as ONNIE), WARCHILD, Venator, The Q, General Detroit, Joe Car, Small Arms Collector, Michigander, HammanEggs & many others

Lots of good speeches. Lots of MGO folks on hand too. A good time had by all I saw. I call this a good day for gun rights/civil rights in Lansing.

Well done people. Lansing 10 news will run a story tonight
    I want to thank you for picking up the tab for dinner for the group after the rally including the organizers and Keynote speaker Larry Pratt.

Thanks man you are a scholar and a gentleman, regardless of what the others say....

Great article by Mlive, terrible picture though.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...rs_promot.html

LANSING, MI — Gun rights activists from throughout Michigan gathered at the Capitol on Saturday to promote easing restrictions on carrying firearms.
    The group wants Michigan to become a “constitutional carry” state, where concealed weapon licenses are not required and there generally aren’t restrictions on how or where guns are carried. Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming have similar laws.
    “What we are trying to accomplish by this rally and future and ongoing efforts, is having our Second Amendment rights restored back to their original intent as laid out in our Constitution by our Founding Fathers,” said John Roshek, president of the Citizens League for Self Defense.
    “I don’t know about you, but personally I find it a little absurd that I can walk down the street, I can lawfully open carry, but if I want to put my coat on because it's cold or If I want to get in my car, I have to get a permission slip from the state and I have to pay a fee on top of that,” he said to a crowd of about 100 people as the rally kicked off Saturday afternoon.
    Michigan allows residents to openly carry legally owned firearms without a license except for in certain pistol-free areas. There also are restrictions on transporting guns without a license. Concealed pistol license holders may carry guns hidden from view in certain areas.
    Lawmakers are considering a major overhaul of the concealed handgun law that would streamline licensing and allow permit holders with extra training to carry hidden handguns in “gun-free” zones like schools, college classrooms, and other places they are now banned.
    Related: Sweeping changes proposed for Michigan concealed handgun law
    Grand Rapids resident Tim Beahan, 54, supports the legislation.
    “Right now we have a patchwork of agencies that are taking care of the concealed pistol licenses and unfortunately there’s no consistency,” he said, adding that some jurisdictions take much longer to administer licenses than others.
    But given the choice, he’d prefer Michigan remove restrictions and become the fifth “constitutional carry” state. Beahan and his wife, Sandra, said they open carry to protect themselves from people who may view them as an easy target.
    Those in favor of gun control say stricter regulations save lives and help keep guns away from dangerous people. Constitutional carry supporters say just the opposite.
    “It will not increase crime, and very likely, in places like Detroit where they’ve had great restrictions and in other anti-Second Amendment jurisdictions, you’re going to see crime go down, because the crooks are going to know, ‘Uh oh, he might be carrying, she might be carrying,’” said Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, a national lobby group based in Springfield, Va.
    For 14-year-old Bretta Overly of Lansing and her friend, Alexis Farmer, 13, of Grand Ledge, both said they feel safer knowing their fathers have guns.
    They also plan to carry firearms when they’re old enough. Michigan residents must be 18 to openly carry and 21 to apply for a concealed pistol license.
    Jeremiah Chesney, 22, of Jackson, said he carries his shotgun down the street to desensitize the public.
    “There are some people who react very strongly and negatively, but I think the more that people see firearms carried peacefully, the less they’ll expect sort of action-movie things to happen,” he said. “I think there are a lot of people whose only exposure to firearms is through violence in films. I don’t think that’s constructive.”
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Another good article- no bias, no slant, no spin

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...nclick_check=1

Armed with rifles, pistols, flags and banners, about 150 people rallied for gun rights Saturday on the lawn of the Capitol, warning lawmakers not to rollback firearms possession laws such as “stand your ground.”

Speakers urged lawmakers to expand gun rights by making Michigan the fifth U.S. state to adopt “constitutional carry,” essentially removing restrictions and licensing provisions for concealed carry.

Michigan already allows open carry for those 18 or older who are carrying a firearm that is legally registered and holstered in plain view, said rally organizer John Roshek, president of the Citizens League for Self Defense.

“Constitutional carry is about having no permits or permission slips from the state in order to be able to carry a gun,” he said. “It starts with repealing all pistol-free zones. It starts with repealing the concealed pistol license laws. We feel if you are legally able to obtain and purchase a firearm that is the only permit you should need.”
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast