• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Gun Fight" HBO Documentary

merc460

I just watched this on HBO. WOW! What a biased pile of crap. Basically, all that the last 45 - 60 minutes was "need more gun control" and edited video to back it up. The best was going into a "thug's" house and watching him and his homie pulling guns from everywhere talking about "killin' muthers who try to come up in here"
I did miss the first 15 minutes, so I don't know what was there, but what I did see was just plain ridiculousness. I saw a whole of how guns kill innocent people, and need control, but nothing on how gun controlled environments cause crime and gun deaths.

Did see our Open Carry fellows on there! :cool:

Anyways, the show, IMO, was crap. I wish a pro-gun documentary would make mainstream.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You mean this one http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/gun-fight/index.html ? WARNING - Do not click on the link until you have taken your blood pressure meds and tightly wraped your head with duct tape. Attending a few anger control sessions might also be helpful. Do not watch with young children present as words they should not hear may slip out of your mouth.

Just don't know how they can call it a "documentary" as opposed to an "editorial". But I guess that's why it is referred to as the lamestream media.

stay safe.

gunns

HBO, like allot of Hollywood is corrupt, vulgar, perverted and has no real basis in portraying real America.

merc460

You mean this one http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/gun-fight/index.html ? WARNING - Do not click on the link until you have taken your blood pressure meds and tightly wraped your head with duct tape. Attending a few anger control sessions might also be helpful. Do not watch with young children present as words they should not hear may slip out of your mouth.

Just don't know how they can call it a "documentary" as opposed to an "editorial". But I guess that's why it is referred to as the lamestream media.

stay safe.

Yep, that's the one! I had a headache after watching it!

Beretta92FSLady

That video is, well, I try not to get worked-up over things I watch, and read. Unfortunately people buy into videos like this one.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You mean this one http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/gun-fight/index.html ? WARNING - Do not click on the link until you have taken your blood pressure meds and tightly wraped your head with duct tape....

I forgot the duct tape! Just returned from the ER following a near aneurysm...

Do not watch with young children present as words they should not hear may slip out of your mouth.

I watched it with my young son, and was surprised at the words I heard coming out of his mouth! He should know better...

Just don't know how they can call it a "documentary" as opposed to an "editorial".

It was an antiguntorial. Did you catch the credits? "Produced using donations provided in part by the Democratic Party, the United Nations, the Committees to re-elect Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Diane Feinstein, Eric Holder..."

Last edited: