Thread: In need of a local gunsmith

In need of a local gunsmith

Can anyone recommend a Tacoma area gunsmith that would be good for a Ruger MkIII?
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Can anyone recommend a Tacoma area gunsmith that would be good for a Ruger MkIII?
    It may depend on what you need done, but I have used the one at Bull's Eye and am taking my rifles into the guys next to Mary's for some trigger work.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

I recently bought a Ruger 22/45. I wanted to get familiar with it so I disassembled it and cleaned it. When I reassembled it, it wouldn't fire and it wouldn't come apart again. I thought I broke it. I was bummed.

After posting on here in a near panic state, I made my way to Mary's Guns. Why I chose them specifically, I'm not sure. I'm very glad I made the trip. The gentleman behind the counter knew exactly what I had done and how to remedy the situation. Turned out, when re-installing the bolt I didn't set the trigger pin in right.

He showed me exactly how to get it back apart when this happens and how to put it back together so that it's right. We talked for a while, I bought some magazines, and we shook hands as I left.

I took my Ruger to the range a little later and put two bricks of .22 into some paper BGs with no problems. I'd have to say, aside from the rather sharp learning curve, this is a great little plinker.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Here's something I recently found that will solve that problem for good. I plan to get it when I buy a 22/45. You'll need the 3.2 conversion kit for the 22/45.

http://eabco.com/Ruger_Mk_III_Speed_Strip.html
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Mary's is a great place! Did you get attacked by Sugar?
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Bolle & Tammaro Gun Smithing
    4040 S Tyler Street
    Tacoma, WA 98409

Next to Mary's Pistols
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    Mary's is a great place! Did you get attacked by Sugar?
    I almost drowned!

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Here's something I recently found that will solve that problem for good. I plan to get it when I buy a 22/45. You'll need the 3.2 conversion kit for the 22/45.

http://eabco.com/Ruger_Mk_III_Speed_Strip.html
    Ordered, along with the upgraded firing pin.